The Student Room Group

For men is sex just physical to you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juichiro
Of course. a) sex in exchange of money (prostitution), b) non-consensual rape as a sort of protocol of victory in war (war rape), c) sex in exchange of commodities (forgot the name of this one).

Barter sex? I'd class it as prostitution...

Revenge ('my partner shagged someone else, so I'm going to too'), fear ('If I don't, then x will happen'), reassurance ('I must be straight / desirable if I am doing this...'), box ticking ('I'm no longer a virgin!') - the list is almost endless.
For the long term question I don't see how it can be just physical if your actually in love with the person... maybe im just naive about it but surely if your that close to someone emotionally any physical closeness would just make it even more so?
Guys can detach emotion from sex true HOWEVER so can some girls....just usually to a lesser extent. When it comes down to it for both sexes if the love etc is real and present in the relationship the sex is just that bit more AMAZING yet again for BOTH sexes it can be amazing just cause it feels amazing. Each to their own. I love my boyfriend but I do think sex can be JUST SEX
no
I'm a 16 year old girl - and honestly for me its physical ?? like idk how to explain it and i wish it felt more emotional but it just doesn't ..
Original post by Anonymous
I have read and been told a lot that sex is just physical for a guy? ( like physical enjoyment.)

So I want to ask to guys this;

If your in a relationship ( long term.)- 1st question - is it more the just physical for you? ( I'm talking about when you love your partner.)

2. Short term relationship- is it or not?

Girls- what do you think of a all this? Do you have these thoughts that mabye for your boyfriend sex is only physical and not emotional ( like love. Care

I think that it is more than physical, as without emotions and feelings how can you make love.

even whether for short term or even for random dates
Original post by alex_j23
I'm a 16 year old girl - and honestly for me its physical ?? like idk how to explain it and i wish it felt more emotional but it just doesn't ..

I hope in later life you will have feelings and emotions.
Original post by noman7819
I hope in later life you will have feelings and emotions.

thanks me too
I think it just depends. For example, if you're just horny it'll probably be more just physical but if you feel strong feelings of love at that moment, then you want to show it and act upon it by having sex. Well, that's how I am anyway.
i think you right
Original post by lewif002
I have been with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years and I do definitely love her.

For me, sex is mainly physical. If it is after a nice day out or a special occasion then I really feel the emotional side of it. However, when I'm just laying in bed watching TV @ 11pm, I just want to have sex with her. Sure i want it to be her and no-one else but it's not too emotionally attaching. Just a quick physical joy ride.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a girl and couldn't agree more with this^:smile: Myself and my boyfriend have been together almost two years and I used to worry that sex didn't mean anything to him. But just because sex may just be a physical thing, doesn't mean there's no emotional attachment within the relationship? Couples can show their love for each other in other ways, whatever suits them:smile: I agree that sometimes it can be quite intimate (for example special occasions etc.) but I also agree with the 11pm watching tv side of it - sometimes this is actually more fun! Spontaneous, quick, no fussing, just getting it done and laughing over it. I think it's important to be able to do this, too.
Original post by Juichiro
Your assumption.

I asked her as much, so no assumptions.

Is sex entirely a physical matter for you?
Original post by Anonymous
I never said they didn't or did and I didn't even mention women as my question was directed to women? But no women don't have to and men don't have to I was just wondering as I have read a lot of things that say that ^

The hell? I never said you said anything.
So many sex threads.
I think it's physical and mental all at once. You love them, but obviously their body too.
Sex for pleasure is purely physical...and has...somewhat bored me recently.

Sex for love? My god. That's a reason to live.
I'm a girl and for me sex is mostly physical - I think that's the case for both of us though. Having sex is a fun way of having fun. That doesn't mean there's no emotion in our relationship - but I think the emotional side is elsewhere, in cuddling, kissing, talking, more than it is in the act of sex.
Original post by bassbabe
So many sex threads.

The thirst is real.
Original post by ArundelRanger
I asked her as much, so no assumptions.

Is sex entirely a physical matter for you?

Depends on the person. It's like eating. You can do it for pleasure or for pleasure and social functions.
yep just physical but for my exes its probaly more emotional

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending