The Student Room Group

CCEA C4- 26th May 2014

Hey, does anyone have this exam on Tuesday? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, do you know where to get old past papers? I know there's ones on the ccea website, but like 2004? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by cmcgurk610
Yeah, do you know where to get old past papers? I know there's ones on the ccea website, but like 2004? :smile:

Sorry, I don't :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone do this today?
Reply 4
Original post by Curtis5555
Anyone do this today?

Yes
Original post by Curtis5555
Anyone do this today?

Yes
Reply 6
Thoughts?
Reply 7
It was quite an easy paper, what did everyone get for 8b
Reply 8
I thought it was fine, question 6 threw me a little though
Reply 9
I got 0.109 for the last answer, but thats wrong. The right answer is about 0.05 i think, i don't know what that is in exact form but there ya go
Reply 10
I didn't think 6 was too bad, 24cm for a?
Reply 11
Original post by 2015ld
I didn't think 6 was too bad, 24cm for a?

I must have done something wrong in part i because I got a negative value for the volume of revolution :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Keith.
I must have done something wrong in part i because I got a negative value for the volume of revolution :frown:

yeah somethings gone wrong there you can't have a negative volume. Maybe you did a/2 as the maximum and a as the minimum instead of the other way round?
Reply 13
Original post by 2015ld
yeah somethings gone wrong there you can't have a negative volume. Maybe you did a/2 as the maximum and a as the minimum instead of the other way round?

I definitely had my limits the right way round, I got something like -7π(a^3)/24 in the end
Original post by Keith.
I definitely had my limits the right way round, I got something like -7π(a^3)/24 in the end

I made the same mistake unfortunately.
At the start when we integrated a^2 - x^2, we thought it was a^3/3 - x^3/3 . I didnt realise that when you integrate a squared (w.respct to x) the answer is actually a^2x and not a^3/3 because we were integrating with respect to x! :frown: :frown:
How many marks will that cost us?
(edited 8 years ago)
Do these answers seem familiar to anyone?
I got 8/3 for an area question near the start
1/2 for the e question when t=0
50 minutes (which i think is wrong) for the yeast
Reply 16
I made the same mistake unfortunately.
At the start when we integrated a^2 - x^2, we thought it was a^3/3 - x^3/3 . I didnt realise that when you integrate a squared (w.respct to x) the answer is actually a^2x and not a^3/3 because we were integrating with respect to x! :frown: :frown:
How many marks will that cost us?

I think we'd still get follow through marks and we'd maybe only lose 1 or 2.
I changed the sign at the end of (i) to get a positive answer in (ii) so I think I'd lose 2 :frown:
Original post by Keith.
I think we'd still get follow through marks and we'd maybe only lose 1 or 2.
I changed the sign at the end of (i) to get a positive answer in (ii) so I think I'd lose 2 :frown:

So did I. :frown: I thought that went worse than C3. I really hope they scale that paper up a lot
Reply 18
Do these answers seem familiar to anyone?
I got 8/3 for an area question near the start
1/2 for the e question when t=0
50 minutes (which i think is wrong) for the yeast

yeah the first two seem right, i got 30 something for the yeast though
Reply 19
I really hope they scale that paper up a lot

Unfortunately, the grade boundaries rarely change with maths. Every year there are people who will perform exceptionally well on the test and those who will totally mess it up, so it tends to even out. Only when a test is too easy do the grade boundaries change, and that is only to raise them. Don't put your hope in that, just make sure you ace S1/M2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending