Hello everyone
Good luck to everyone who is sitting the exam tomorrow
My predictions for Conflict are The right word , or the poem flag
I hope this prediction is right as they are very easy to talk about
Whats your prediction?

Dont forget the Falling Leaves aswell.
Good luck
Do you reckon that will come up?
Can anyone remember the wording of the Mametz Wood question? I thought it was just "ideas about conflict", but some of my friends remember it as "ideas about place"...? I'm panicking so much as I did this question and now I think I've done it wrong!
How does the poet present ideas about conflict using places (or similar) - I did the same as you :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Crap. Ok, thanks :frown:
what did you comepare it to? i did it with come on come back - like the place of the lake evoking death and the dystopia of the pastoral setting and mametz with the farming setting bringing out death and the graves that still have life in them
I didn't read place, so I compared to Charge of the Light Brigade :/ I talked about the horror of war, the contrast between forgotten and honoured soldiers, the fragility of life esp in war and how so many lives are taken :/ no mention of place whatsoever :frown:
Reply 8
hi so I'm a bit worried,
I did the conflict section but the one on mametz wood. I compared it to at the border which I thought was hard.
I wrote about:
the"woods" which show inhumanity with the machine guns vs the mountains which show alienation and confinement
the irregular lines vs free verse and what they resemble
uselessness and disposability of soldiers vs uselessness of border
I analysed techniques and stuff and I thought the unseen was easy. Unit 1 wasn't bad and I got 39/40 in my coursework. So would it be possible to get an A* by any chance.
many thanks
Everything you've said sounds good, and judging by your coursework score, I'm sure that you will do very well. You only need to get an A in your exams to achieve an overall A* so I think you will be fine :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by OneBrainCell2909
Everything you've said sounds good, and judging by your coursework score, I'm sure that you will do very well. You only need to get an A in your exams to achieve an overall A* so I think you will be fine :smile:

thank you so much; I was worried all week. Best of luck in your exams too

many thanks 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending