The Student Room Group

Communications vs Control Systems Design

Which of these modules would be more useful in the real world as well as more important for me to take to develop as a better electrical engineer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Yume
Which of these modules would be more useful in the real world as well as more important for me to take to develop as a better electrical engineer?

Pick whichever module you like the best even if it is unrelated to what you want to do....you have to remember that your undergrad engineering degree will not teach you EVERYTHING you need to know as an engineer therefore once youre in a graduate job you can expect to be still learning :smile:
The basics of the communications theory is going to be about stuff like different types of AM,FM, digital etc modulation and all the maths behind it. The basics of the control systems theory is about the feedback control loops of systems to allow them to achieve a certain output.

I'm taking an electronics & communications degree and both modules are mandatory. Most EE degrees will probably do the same, but if you're tasked with choosing between them just go for whichever one you are personally more interested in - it won't particularly affect your career progression much as you should have a chance to learn both at some point, and you're much more likely to do well in a module that interests you.

Quick Reply

Latest