The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Merton College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Siddhartha
Interesting, I was there too. Don't worry. Guests dress "smart" according to the rules of the college. Just don't wear a hoodie and you'll be fine.

I ended up wearing a blouse and a black skirt. What did you think of the cream with dessert? I thought it tasted rather strange.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 141
Well I just ate the waffles ;-)
anyone going to lunch now?
Reply 143
h82think
anyone going to lunch now?

No because all the fresher's parents took the hall under siege :frown:
I'm sure supper will be filled with parents too.
Siddhartha
No because all the fresher's parents took the hall under siege :frown:
I'm sure supper will be filled with parents too.

I was going to ask someone to reserve some dessert, as last week by 1pm there was none left, but then I found out it was parents thing too :frown:
Reply 145
Silent thread!

I have my interview for Biological Sciences on monday 10th at merton!! Staying 2 nights

Anyone else around those dates?

very exited:biggrin: :s-smilie:
I'm around from the 5th-7th if anyone else is there at the same time :smile:
Reply 147
Oooh, two of my friends at Merton are helping with interviews. Have any of you guys been shown around by Rob (studies Music) or Jenny (English)?

I love Merton - so much I've applied there for postgrad. :wink:
Any prospective Mertonians for next year? :smile:
(or those with offers?)
Reply 149
sugar_cane
(or those with offers?)

Yep - History '08, got my offer by e-mail Friday night. Aren't you E&M? We were probably there for interview at the same time...
sugar_cane
(or those with offers?)

Yep, got an email on Friday for French and Linguistics 08 :biggrin: So happy. I applied to Worcester originally and had a second interview at Merton which was an overall far more pleasant experience. I also much preferred the college so I was really glad when the offer came through from Merton instead of Worcester (no offence intented to Worcester, it's still a great college). Just gotta knuckle down and get the grades now!
rkd
Yep - History '08, got my offer by e-mail Friday night. Aren't you E&M? We were probably there for interview at the same time...

Yeh, I was :smile:
I might have even talked to you...or seen you for that matter!
Reply 152
Chemistry at Merton 2008 !!!!!
Yep, I've got an offer for Classics at the college.

Just got to get the grades now.
Reply 154
I have an offer for Music at Merton starting in 2008! I actually applied to Queen's, but I had my third interview at Merton and loved it...

hope to see you all next year!

NM
Reply 155
Alright, a list of Mertonians '08 on TSR so far (from this thread and the offer thread):
rkd - History
sugar_cane - E&M
Kauffers - Chemistry
cyberdrummer - Classics
natalie-marie - Music
DHthe2nd - French and Linguistics
bsward - PPE
acclesiastical - Medicine
CJHackett - English
Crunchie Nut Nut - Medicine

That's got to be about 10% of Merton freshers already...pretty good!
And such a mix of subjects...go TSR Mertonians!
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to read Medicine at Merton in 2008 (still in a state of absolute shock and sheer excitement!!!:biggrin:), provided that I really knuckle down and meet my offer. Are there any other potential Mertonian medics on this thread?

Hope that everyone has a great new year!
:smile:
Crunchie Nut
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to read Medicine at Merton in 2008 (still in a state of absolute shock and sheer excitement!!!:biggrin:), provided that I really knuckle down and meet my offer. Are there any other potential Mertonian medics on this thread?

Hope that everyone has a great new year!
:smile:

Check the list that rkd made :biggrin:
rkd

Alright, a list of Mertonians '08 on TSR so far (from this thread and the offer thread):
rkd - History
sugar_cane - E&M
Kauffers - Chemistry
cyberdrummer - Classics
natalie-marie - Music
DHthe2nd - French and Linguistics
bsward - PPE
acclesiastical - Medicine
CJHackett - English

That's got to be about 10% of Merton freshers already...pretty good!
Reply 159
I don't know how many of the offer-holders have joined the facebook group, but just in case some of you haven't, I thought I'd post the link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9950704713

anyway hope that everyone's okay, school and exam preparation going well - this thread's been silent for a while!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending