WOW! u have all ur exams in one week.
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
i would love too - only if this exam was like on friday

i have bio - monday
eng and chem 2 - tuesday
then econ/bus on thursday

am struggling to find time - whilst studying hard for the sciences
Reply 41
I am comfort eating and stressing for this exam more than any other exam I have had in my entire life
How many marks will it be to get a C????
Original post by unsa98
WOW! u have all ur exams in one week.

I know had 3 before the half term
but this time its crazy and leaves me with no option but not study for english unless i do some last minute - but i doubt it will work for englsih
is there any chance anyone could read my language and mode essay and just point out if there's anything they can pick up on?
For me the knowledge is mostly fine. The technique on the other hand is something else. After cruising through edexcel English language at GCSE I guess switching to Aqa has brought along a technique completely alien to my natural abilities. Whatever I do, no matter what I include, I can never stretch above relatively low grades and I have no idea how I can improve because it feels like I always include everything HELP

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi does anyone the best way to structure the language and mode question?
Reply 47
Original post by leahnesbit
Hi all, just thought I'd make this thread as one hasn't been made yet (I think). It's just to chat and help each other with the AQA English Language AS Level exam on the 2nd of June. I know it's quite a while away but the earlier revision starts, the better! Anyway, feel free to chat and ask me any questions if you like? Haha I have been getting A/Bs throughout the year so I guess I could help if you need any. Thanks!

I've been getting consistent E/Ds... am dreading this one. I never manage the time wisely, always end up wasting too much time on the grouping and categorising. Also how much is the coursework worth? I got a B before moderation so hopefully it can help to pull me up!
Reply 48
Hi all, just thought I'd make this thread as one hasn't been made yet (I think). It's just to chat and help each other with the AQA English Language AS Level exam on the 2nd of June. I know it's quite a while away but the earlier revision starts, the better! Anyway, feel free to chat and ask me any questions if you like? Haha I have been getting A/Bs throughout the year so I guess I could help if you need any. Thanks!

Hi I am resitting this exam and in desperate need for help, I don't understand anything :frown:. Firstly, I can pick out features for the unseen bit but I find it hard to comment on how they effect the piece and how they shape meaning. Do you have any tips for this?
For the second part of the exam I am doing Cloudstreet are you doing this book by any chance?
Thanks!
Anyone got any good resources or videos that can help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Excuse Me!
Anyone got any good resources or videos that can help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a website I use regularly called Quizlet which allows you to test yourself on key terms etc either by putting in your own words or you can even search the website and you can see what other people have created. I used it to search for language and power theories because I was scared I was missing some out and it's really useful. You just create an account for free and go from there :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by ange1501
Hi I am resitting this exam and in desperate need for help, I don't understand anything :frown:. Firstly, I can pick out features for the unseen bit but I find it hard to comment on how they effect the piece and how they shape meaning. Do you have any tips for this?
For the second part of the exam I am doing Cloudstreet are you doing this book by any chance?
Thanks!

You might want to check you are doing English Language A and not B :smile:
Reply 52
You might want to check you are doing English Language A and not B :smile:

What's the difference?
Reply 53
At our school we've learned all 3 sections for part B...

Still don't have a clue what I'm doing...

Got a C In my coursework (61/80 i think?)...

But got a D in my mock...

Any helpful sites or tips???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
HELP!

If you were to get a group of texts (lets say 3) which all represented modal verbs, if I was to say that two them are deontic (obligatory=must) and the other one is epistemic (discretion = should) how would you talk about this and expand the answer (I'm mainly trying to find the technique in how people answer questions using such specific linguistic features so if you have any other examples that would be great!)
Reply 55
Original post by tay22
At our school we've learned all 3 sections for part B...

Still don't have a clue what I'm doing...

Got a C In my coursework (61/80 i think?)...

But got a D in my mock...

Any helpful sites or tips???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, if you go back to page 1 (or 2 :s-smilie:) you will find a paragraph I wrote for someone who was always struggling - just follow those tips and if you still have questions give me a shout! :smile:
I haven't been told what I got in my coursework so I have no idea how well I need to do in this :-(
any tips on improving grouping essays?
Could anyone help me when trying to write about certain features, for example; morphology, and cohesion, im not too great at writing about these and I want to access top marks and including more technical terms will hopefully push me to the top grades, thanks!
Original post by Florindawebster
Could anyone help me when trying to write about certain features, for example; morphology, and cohesion, im not too great at writing about these and I want to access top marks and including more technical terms will hopefully push me to the top grades, thanks!
my grouping teacher often got us to spot stuff like morphology etc in the grouping texts as a way of contributing to our groups, for example (our most common example) if you grouped by formality you would look at the main type of sentences within the texts you've grouped (are they complex, compound or simple?) and you could use that as part of your argument for the group. I suppose you could add this in with morphology and cohesion in a similar structure; morphology could refer to the audience the text producer is addressing or the purpose of the text (e.g. 'the morphology present in the phrase "the workers must..." distances the gap between the text producer and the text receiver, increasing the formality and the use of deontic (sp.?) verbs also increases the instrumental power behind the text.' I realise this is sloppily worded and applies more the section B but you get where I'm going with this).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending