The Student Room Group

English lit conflict predictions

Does anyone have any predictions for the conflict poetry cluster? I'm really hoping something to do with patriotism comes up!
Reply 1
Im not! If patriotism comes up theres a huge chance it will be next to of course god america i.... I hate that poem with a passion:frown::frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Imsophie
Im not! If patriotism comes up theres a huge chance it will be next to of course god america i.... I hate that poem with a passion:frown::frown:

i find that 'next to of course god' is a really good poem to compare to flag! And Bayonet chase is a good all rounder!
For some reason I'm thinking come on come back, and I have nooo idea what you compare that to...
does anyone know what poems have never specifically come up before?
Reply 4
Original post by psychturtle
For some reason I'm thinking come on come back, and I have nooo idea what you compare that to...

i know that come on come back came up last year so we are pretty certain it won't come up again! i don't really understand come on come back either but I'm thinking compare it to maybe mametz wood? they both show the effects of conflict on the youth but I'm not too sure.
Reply 5
Original post by psychturtle

I know last year was Out of the Blue and Come on Come Back so I doubt they'd use Come on Come Back again this year but next to of course god america I, flag and hawk roosting never really come up as a question.:smile::smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Imsophie
I know last year was Out of the Blue and Come on Come Back so I doubt they'd use Come on Come Back again this year but next to of course god america I, flag and hawk roosting never really come up as a question.:smile::smile:

Yeah I think hawk roosting is so hard to compare to other poems!
The right word might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Aloudgirl24
The right word might come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any ideas on what you would compare that to?
Possible At the Border depending on question.. or Out of the Blue? (terrorism)
The only ones that have never come up are Right Word Flag and falling leaves - but i shouldn't think they will just put them on.. Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti only came up in 2011:smile: good luck! exam in an hour ahhh
Original post by ABowles
Do you have any ideas on what you would compare that to?

Either fultility,mametz wood or belfast confetti

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by danosaur_maisy
Possible At the Border depending on question.. or Out of the Blue? (terrorism)
The only ones that have never come up are Right Word Flag and falling leaves - but i shouldn't think they will just put them on.. Bayonet Charge and Belfast Confetti only came up in 2011:smile: good luck! exam in an hour ahhh

Thank you!
So how did the exam go? I thought it was okay but unseen was a nightmare aha
I read the mametz wood question wrong and wrote just about ideas on conflict and not about places, can I still get a C if it was quite good?
Reply 14
Original post by danosaur_maisy
So how did the exam go? I thought it was okay but unseen was a nightmare aha

I thought the question on bayonet charge was good! But I thought that the unseen poem was really unfair because the people studying relationships had quite an unfair advantage 😕
Original post by ABowles
I thought the question on bayonet charge was good! But I thought that the unseen poem was really unfair because the people studying relationships had quite an unfair advantage 😕

Yeh it was a great question!! Very true...

Quick Reply

Latest