The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry: Atoms, bonds and groups Friday 22nd may 2015 UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

@ the unofficial mark scheme here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Killerman07
@ the unofficial mark scheme here

when?
Original post by Irmakozturk
when?

I doubt before.
Reply 3
I reckon Q1 will be:

Define the term relative atomic mass.

I refuse to suggest what the mark scheme for this question might be.
Obviously after the exam lol

everyone remember questions and answers all contribute to an accurate ms
That paper was so horrible hardest one I ever done
Original post by Knight rider
That paper was so horrible hardest one I ever done a lot of people in my college found it solid
How did people find it?
Very hard! I've done all the past papers I can get my hands on, and that was by far the hardest. My class mates agree. Hope grade boundaries are low 😁
It was a really mean paper. A lot of the past papers are very repetitive, they definitely tried their hardest to find the most obscure things to question on
definition of a base and alkali?
Was a hard paper for ABG, good for me because if I don't have 100% I certainly got the A I need. The question I wasn't quite sure how to answer (as I haven't seen it before) was the question explaining the ionic lattice but I'll have to see what the mark scheme says is needed for those 2 marks.
Reply 12
Difficult compared to the past papers, but not ridiculous, mainly need the answers to the titration questions
What did people put for the ionic lattice question?
I said along the lines of:
Oppositely charged ions are attracted together by electrostatic forces of attraction in a ionic lattice which is cube like in structure?
Oppositely charged ions are attracted together by electrostatic forces of attraction in a ionic lattice which is cube like in structure?

That is right

For 2 marks thats a pretty solid answer
Someone write done all the questions
Original post by ma1c01m
Difficult compared to the past papers, but not ridiculous, mainly need the answers to the titration questions

Cant remember numbers, but one of the important things was you do 29.5 - 18 to work out the moles of the second sodium compound, making sure to times by 2 for the moles represented in the equation, then times by 8 as the question asked for moles in 200cm3 not 25cm3
I think the paper was alright if we had more time! For the ionic lattice I put: a uniform arrangement of positive and negative ions held in crystalline structure by electrostatic attraction. All anions are surrounded by only cations and all cations are surrounded by only anions
Original post by big fat poo
definition of a base and alkali?

Alkali - proton donor
Base - soluble alkali AND OH- reacts with H+ in water

Quick Reply

Latest