The Student Room Group

How many times is it socially acceptable to wear the same shirt without washing?

Assuming I don't do exercise in the shirt and sweat a lot and make it all smelly, how many times is the general rule for the maximum I can wear it before I become seen socially as unhygienic?
Lol you could skip a few days so it looks like you washed it
Reply 2
If you sweat a lot, or even moderately, it's one day max for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You could just not be lazy and do the washing?
Its not you ****ing inept creature

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes people change two shirts a day). If you don't want to wash them often - just buy yourself 7 shirts for each day of a week
Reply 6
I'd say twice, if you're wearing some kind of undershirt so the shirt itself doesn't get too sweaty (obviously wash the undershirt!) or if you're just sitting at home not actually meeting people.
Otherwise once.
As many days as you like providing it doesn't smell I guess... you could wear a different jumper each day and put them back in the wardrobe when you've worn each jumper for a day, so people can't tell you've been wearing the same shirt underneath (that's if you're even bothered about what people will say, but I'm assuming you are though since you asked this question) Or, like someone said, skip a few days.
(edited 8 years ago)
As long as you don't wear it within a few days of each and it doesn't smell.

Give it a sniff
I would say that wearing a shirt twice without washing it is not socially acceptable, but people aren't going to know you've done that unless it smells or you wear it on consecutive days.

So it depends on whether you define social acceptability by reference to what people will think, or to what they would think if they knew.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Assuming I don't do exercise in the shirt and sweat a lot and make it all smelly, how many times is the general rule for the maximum I can wear it before I become seen socially as unhygienic?

You can't really 'smell how smelly you are' because your sense of smell gets used to it over a couple of minutes. Just change and shower daily to avoid repelling people? xD
Original post by Anonymous

About 12 m8.
Original post by jamesnicholson9
Its not you ****ing inept creature

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? So you'd rather waste water washing a practically clean shirt just because you've worn it once? Have you heard of deodorant? Not all of us have the kind of BO that requires a fresh shirt every single day. There's no need to be mean to OP about it.

Quick Reply

Latest