The Student Room Group

The "I'm scared I'm going to miss my offer" thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pls1997
My offer is A*A*A (A*s in maths and further maths, and A is physics) plus a grade 1 from STEP paper 2. This is an offer at Imperial for a maths degree. I think I'm getting A*s for maths, further maths, and physics, and an A for chemistry, and a grade 3 for STEP. Do you think they will still take me?

Quite unlikely, but i wouldnt rule it out entirely.

If you get a 2 in step then maybe it is quite possible that you get in :yes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
In regards to extenuating circumstances does your ref contact both your firm and insurance, or just your firm?

Is it worth mentioning those extenuating circumstances to unis through clearing?
Hey sorry if I'm posting on the wrong thread but I'm scared ****less and in need of some advice.

I've applied at Queen Mary for Computer Science (G400). This is what the offer says:

GCE A-Level
Specific subjects excluded for entry:
General Studies.Information:Computing A2 is not required for BSc Computer Science, but is useful. Science related subjects are preferred. At least GCSE grade B at Maths required.

UCAS Tariff points : 300

GCE AS:
General information on subjects excluded for entry:
General StudiesInformation:Two AS Levels along with 2 A Levels will be considered. At least GCSE grade B in Maths required

I got the following results at AS:
Maths - B
Chemistry - B
Economics - C
Applied ICT - C

I moved on to A2 with Maths, Chemistry and Economics. I dropped Applied ICT AS.

NOW...My question is, would my dropped ICT AS contribute to the 300 UCAS points?

I'd highly appreciate it if someone helps! Thank you.

Link to the course page: http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/246049/computer-science?RegionCode=103&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&ProviderQuery=Queen%20Mary%20University%20of%20London%2C%20&AcpId=1942&Location=London&page=1&providerids=1942&Feather=15&MaxResults=1000&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu
Great news for anyone with conditional offers for straight economics (L100) from the following Russell Groups:

Nottingham (wowsers, there are going to be some lucky people in economics adjustment this year - really solid course with great career prospects, had to reject it as it had the same grade requirement as Bath but academically was just as good and even better in certain areas)
York (my insurance last year, amazing place, would have had a blast there)
Liverpool
Newcastle
Cardiff
Queen Mary
Queen's Belfast
Southampton
Sheffield

They are all offering clearing spots this year, so it would surprise me if they didn't take everyone who firmed even if they dropped a grade or two. Obviously that's not a given, but it's a good sign!
(edited 8 years ago)
For Marketing, Aston University have a clearing requirement of BBB. If I were to get BBC would they not be willing to take me on? Do I have to reach BBB in order to be considered?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 345
Original post by DiabloDesmond
Hey sorry if I'm posting on the wrong thread but I'm scared ****less and in need of some advice.

I've applied at Queen Mary for Computer Science (G400). This is what the offer says:

GCE A-Level
Specific subjects excluded for entry:
General Studies.Information:Computing A2 is not required for BSc Computer Science, but is useful. Science related subjects are preferred. At least GCSE grade B at Maths required.

UCAS Tariff points : 300

GCE AS:
General information on subjects excluded for entry:
General StudiesInformation:Two AS Levels along with 2 A Levels will be considered. At least GCSE grade B in Maths required

I got the following results at AS:
Maths - B
Chemistry - B
Economics - C
Applied ICT - C

I moved on to A2 with Maths, Chemistry and Economics. I dropped Applied ICT AS.

NOW...My question is, would my dropped ICT AS contribute to the 300 UCAS points?

I'd highly appreciate it if someone helps! Thank you.

Link to the course page: http://search.ucas.com/course/entryrequirements/246049/computer-science?RegionCode=103&Vac=1&AvailableIn=Clearing&ProviderQuery=Queen%20Mary%20University%20of%20London%2C%20&AcpId=1942&Location=London&page=1&providerids=1942&Feather=15&MaxResults=1000&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu
I can't see anything in what you've posted that suggests that the ICT AS points wouldn't be included in meeting your tariff offer.

Original post by VinayPatel
For Marketing, Aston University have a clearing requirement of BBB. If I were to get BBC would they not be willing to take me on? Do I have to reach BBB in order to be considered?

Thanks in advance.
It's impossible to say for certain, but it seems likely if that's the Clearing requirement.
I've got an offer for Bristol (Computer Science and Electronics) of A*AB in Spanish, Maths and Physics. I'm paranoid about Maths and think I might end up with A*BB. Do you think they would still accept me? Bare in mind I went to the university for an interview and they course director seemed to like me (don't know if that helps). I also took a fourth A2 but I have no idea what I will get in it (most likely less than a B).
Also, I've been looking at clearing options and Southampton for Computer Science seems viable (ABB with A in maths). Do you think if I got A*BB with a B in maths I would be offered a place? I also went to Southampton for an interview and was offered a place, but declined it.
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
I've just put up a new post on my blog (themidimail) about results day and the importance of staying positive on today of all days. So, if you got your offers, congratulations but if you didn't, don't worry, read the post and you'll realise just how many options are out there.
Reply 348
Got A*A*B (where the B is in Physics) and a 1 in all STEP papers. Trying to get into CS at Cambridge. Physics is (obviously) what I missed. I thought I did badly at STEP papers, and now things turned around. I'll have to wait until tomorrow......

:s-smilie:
Reply 349
So people, you were scared of missing your offers? What happened? Is everything alright with you now?

I missed my offer of AAA to get into Leeds to study Aviation Technology after getting A*BC. I went through clearing since I didn't want my insurance choice, and am now as happy as ever on the Air Transport w/ Commercial Pilot Training course at Bucks New University! Literally couldn't be happier!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending