The Student Room Group

My instructor shouted at me

Well today was my second lesson and I feel awful and so nervous. My driving instructor asked me to start pulling off but I accidently stalled. So he told me what I did wrong which is fair enough. I had pulled my foot off the clutch too quickly. I tried again but I was really nervous and stalled again. He then started shouting at me. Shouting "what did I tell you? What did I say?" I got quite upset because it was a accident. I wasn't anywhere that could cause a problem. Am I over reacting? It's made me nervous now
Reply 1
Don't worry I had a few times when my instructor got annoyed at me too and inside I just wanted to cry! I could never understand why though because it's not like he wouldn't have been through the same mistakes before with other people and as it's his job he should be patient. Carry on with your lessons but if he continues to shout at you then find someone else, you shouldn't have to feel like that x
Original post by michele1202
Well today was my second lesson and I feel awful and so nervous. My driving instructor asked me to start pulling off but I accidently stalled. So he told me what I did wrong which is fair enough. I had pulled my foot off the clutch too quickly. I tried again but I was really nervous and stalled again. He then started shouting at me. Shouting "what did I tell you? What did I say?" I got quite upset because it was a accident. I wasn't anywhere that could cause a problem. Am I over reacting? It's made me nervous now

Reminds me of Happy Go Lucky with Sally Hawkins.

I wouldn't worry about the stalls during your lesson today - it's all part of the learning process! And not everyone can pick things up 'just like that'.

But it sounds like you're not too keen on your instructor. If possible, I would try to change an instructor. The better bond you build with them, the more enjoyable the lessons are and the faster you might learn. Think of the teachers in school, for example - you probably did better in the lessons you enjoyed with a teacher you liked.

Hope this helps :smile:
Change your instructor. You're paying for a professional service and if he's acting like that on your second lesson just imagine how he will act later on when you start driving around making more mistakes.. Hate instructors like that. Idiots.
Reply 5
I changed my instructor after a lesson where he really shouted at me. I would change. It's your second lesson, he can't expect you to not make mistakes. Driving instructors need to be patient!
Reply 6
Change your instructor.

I had 2 leasons with my first instructor and on the 2nd lesson I very slightly clipped a kerb making a turn. He didn't shout, but told me in an angry way to watch where I was going and that I was going to damage his car. He was very impatient and after the 2nd lesson I dreaded having another with him.

So I didn't bother to message him back, found a new instructor who was really really friendly, was very patient and calm, even more so when I made a mistake, and I looked forward to the lessons. Passed first time thanks to him.

Change your instructor.A good driving instructor will never get angry with a student unless they're deliberately ignoring their advice.So while they should never have shouted at you, this can also be seen as a warning sign of things to come. I would try someone else if I were you.

FYI, I haven't stalled my instructors car (often on the first couple of lessons because they quickly put the dual control clutch down to save it, but they never commented on it - they knew that I realised I'd been too hasty on lifting it up, and left it there). I did however stall my mum's car 4 times in a row on a roundabout while practising with her (it's a big 2L Citroen C5 that handles like a tank, with a bite range of around 0.5cm), and the only anger was from my mum, and directed at the driver behind me for being so aggressive and shoving his hand on the horn solidly for ages. Actually, it was quite distracting. I was having to try and get the car moving while stopping her from getting out the car and punching the guy :P

Anyway, funny story over, point being, even my mum who isn't a driving instructor still never got mad at me for stalling, but instead at the person behind me for being impatient. So any experienced driving instructor who does get mad at a student for stalling is an instructor not worth wasting money on IMO.

Do you live in the Beds/Herts area? I can heartily recommend my current instructor.
Reply 8
Aww bless you. I don't get why people can be so impatient. They were in our position at some point.
And I am in the northamptonshire area might be a bit too far
Thank you for your advice.
Original post by Poldark00
Change your instructor.A good driving instructor will never get angry with a student unless they're deliberately ignoring their advice.So while they should never have shouted at you, this can also be seen as a warning sign of things to come. I would try someone else if I were you.

FYI, I haven't stalled my instructors car (often on the first couple of lessons because they quickly put the dual control clutch down to save it, but they never commented on it - they knew that I realised I'd been too hasty on lifting it up, and left it there). I did however stall my mum's car 4 times in a row on a roundabout while practising with her (it's a big 2L Citroen C5 that handles like a tank, with a bite range of around 0.5cm), and the only anger was from my mum, and directed at the driver behind me for being so aggressive and shoving his hand on the horn solidly for ages. Actually, it was quite distracting. I was having to try and get the car moving while stopping her from getting out the car and punching the guy :P

Anyway, funny story over, point being, even my mum who isn't a driving instructor still never got mad at me for stalling, but instead at the person behind me for being impatient. So any experienced driving instructor who does get mad at a student for stalling is an instructor not worth wasting money on IMO.

Do you live in the Beds/Herts area? I can heartily recommend my current instructor.
Reply 9
Thank you for all your advice guys. I have cancelled my lessons with him and I am now on a look out for a new instructor
Thank you for all your advice guys. I have cancelled my lessons with him and I am now on a look out for a new instructor

Probably for the best! Good luck with your new instructor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww bless you. I don't get why people can be so impatient. They were in our position at some point.
And I am in the northamptonshire area might be a bit too far
Thank you for your advice.

So close yet so far :P

My instructor is around the Letchworth - Hitchin - Stevenage - Baldock - Arlesey - Stotfold etc etc.

That area. He was a traffic cop with Bedfordshire Police though, so he might know someone near the area. What's your local town/village so I can ask him next lesson if there's someone that springs to mind?

(Neil Emmerson is my instructor)

[video]https://youtu.be/FKmG6e_YCXI?t=40m35s[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Change your instructor.
Babes , find a way to find out what couloir is his Badge ? ( every insructor should always displayed by law his , her badge when teaching for a payment
If it's red, pinkish , just call the office and talk to someone that you felt very intimidated with his unprofessional behaviour , and you would like immediately change instructor, if he is working on his own without any office
then don't u even bother talking to him, get someone else to call him and sort out any possible outstanding issues , prepayments etc
Should he giving you stress and refusing immediate refunds, tell him you will call the DVSA in Cardington and make a formal and serious complaint about him, his manners etc
Trust me babes , this will make him **** his pence !!!lol particularly if he has got the pink Badge, and you know why?
Lol pink means PDI, green Badge means ADI , Aproved Driving Instructor who passed his third test ( Part three, they call it) PDI means Provissional Driving Instructor, see when you pass Part two , the 1 h special driving test with reasonable high standard you apply for that pink badge , valid 6 months, so you basically using this time to learn using you guys lol
Most of the time they talk **** because they know **** all, tough !! That's the way it is , jungle law ! Lol
That's why the pass rate for Parth Three Below 50% Nation Wide and don't forget...... Most of those Examiners are bloody Power Tripping *******s!!! That's the honest true babes! Lol
How do U know.......? Lol
Ok. Tell u my secret ( you taking me out eating, on me thogh don't sweat )
Lol
5 years with BSM
10 years a Driving Examiner in London, we the best! Lol
Maybe I should charge for that comprohensive feed back ,hey?'
Imagine what I do in bed......☺️😜
Cut, cut, that's a joke !
I suggest you copy and paste , share with who you can trust, anyone trying to find out who told you all this ......
Tell them......GOOGLE
PERIOD
LOVE YA, good luck, any more help,
07438 114 117
Richard😜🌷😜🇬🇧🇵🇱
By the way...... what he did very strongly indicates that he is a PDI
With pink badge, which means he's more bloody affraid on lessons than you pupils lol
And if he ain't a ' natural' if I no a min
Then doing an ETA , physical
There's a verbal ETA
EXAMINER TOOK ACTION
SAYIN , screaming , u know verbal !
Physical would be using the dual controls, grabbing the s wheel , putting any other minor controlles by them self , for instance an indicator , w screen
Whiper , etc
Oh man , now u owe me a hug 😓🙈😓😎😒😖😌
Remember , copy/paste/ save
😉
Keep me updated, ok 😘🌹xxxxx
One more thing.... If you dont gell after lets sayb3-4hours, you GO now, ,change you Instructor, look if u not driving and in the process, learning something and at the same time have a lugh , have fun while doing so you can look forward like a kido looking toward Christmass , avoid them nice guys they never firm or quite loud etc with out crossing the line , simply good professional u get me?
Them laid back ones , everything is fine you always do well bla bla bla , these the won't teach much and it takes agesb4 u get ready, the only killing time with u , lots if talking , stopping even flirting, taking your eye of the ball! No a min lol remember you are the punter, u get bold, and u try to work it out, if not u change!!!!
U will sew how different they all are, some will teach you only for that particular car u driving, u know am referring to all them stickers and markings all over the cockpit !
I never used any of this crap, I have work it out a technique which u can use in any car, and u see the difference babes,
That's teaching for life not only for the test, but we ere unfortunately a rear breeth ! Some guys just don't give a **** if u pass or when , they in it strickly for the money
For me u see the satisfaction , feeling for them etc that. Kept me bloody going lol
But that was me, I was the real deal, I know I was! I had over 70% pass rate , 4 years running ! Trust me u wont find that a lot ! If u ask them they will tell u tales , cod the y don't know or the affraid to check lol

I had 2 leasons with my first instructor and on the 2nd lesson I very slightly clipped a kerb making a turn. He didn't shout, but told me in an angry way to watch where I was going and that I was going to damage his car. He was very impatient and after the 2nd lesson I dreaded having another with him.
Also , if they see u clued in a bit , they think twice b4 givingyou some bull**** answer, lol trust me and that's when they will say the not sure or dont know, then I know, u doing well keeping this aspect under control, nobody's perfect and know all ****, you learn till you die babes, 😉😉that's it that's IT this time, look at the time.......HALLELUJAH !!!
Xxxx
Looool that was one long reply with your number on #pulled

Posted from TSR Mobile
Change your instructor.
Babes , find a way to find out what couloir is his Badge ? ( every insructor should always displayed by law his , her badge when teaching for a payment
If it's red, pinkish , just call the office and talk to someone that you felt very intimidated with his unprofessional behaviour , and you would like immediately change instructor, if he is working on his own without any office
then don't u even bother talking to him, get someone else to call him and sort out any possible outstanding issues , prepayments etc
Should he giving you stress and refusing immediate refunds, tell him you will call the DVSA in Cardington and make a formal and serious complaint about him, his manners etc
Trust me babes , this will make him **** his pence !!!lol particularly if he has got the pink Badge, and you know why?
Lol pink means PDI, green Badge means ADI , Aproved Driving Instructor who passed his third test ( Part three, they call it) PDI means Provissional Driving Instructor, see when you pass Part two , the 1 h special driving test with reasonable high standard you apply for that pink badge , valid 6 months, so you basically using this time to learn using you guys lol
Most of the time they talk **** because they know **** all, tough !! That's the way it is , jungle law ! Lol
That's why the pass rate for Parth Three Below 50% Nation Wide and don't forget...... Most of those Examiners are bloody Power Tripping *******s!!! That's the honest true babes! Lol
How do U know.......? Lol
Ok. Tell u my secret ( you taking me out eating, on me thogh don't sweat )
Lol
5 years with BSM
10 years a Driving Examiner in London, we the best! Lol
Maybe I should charge for that comprohensive feed back ,hey?'
Imagine what I do in bed......☺️😜
Cut, cut, that's a joke !
I suggest you copy and paste , share with who you can trust, anyone trying to find out who told you all this ......
Tell them......GOOGLE
PERIOD
LOVE YA, good luck, any more help,
07438 114 117
Richard😜🌷😜🇬🇧🇵🇱
By the way...... what he did very strongly indicates that he is a PDI
With pink badge, which means he's more bloody affraid on lessons than you pupils lol
And if he ain't a ' natural' if I no a min
Then doing an ETA , physical
There's a verbal ETA
EXAMINER TOOK ACTION
SAYIN , screaming , u know verbal !
Physical would be using the dual controls, grabbing the s wheel , putting any other minor controlles by them self , for instance an indicator , w screen
Whiper , etc
Oh man , now u owe me a hug 😓🙈😓😎😒😖😌
Remember , copy/paste/ save
😉
Keep me updated, ok 😘🌹xxxxx
One more thing.... If you dont gell after lets sayb3-4hours, you GO now, ,change you Instructor, look if u not driving and in the process, learning something and at the same time have a lugh , have fun while doing so you can look forward like a kido looking toward Christmass , avoid them nice guys they never firm or quite loud etc with out crossing the line , simply good professional u get me?
Them laid back ones , everything is fine you always do well bla bla bla , these the won't teach much and it takes agesb4 u get ready, the only killing time with u , lots if talking , stopping even flirting, taking your eye of the ball! No a min lol remember you are the punter, u get bold, and u try to work it out, if not u change!!!!
U will sew how different they all are, some will teach you only for that particular car u driving, u know am referring to all them stickers and markings all over the cockpit !
I never used any of this crap, I have work it out a technique which u can use in any car, and u see the difference babes,
That's teaching for life not only for the test, but we ere unfortunately a rear breeth ! Some guys just don't give a **** if u pass or when , they in it strickly for the money
For me u see the satisfaction , feeling for them etc that. Kept me bloody going lol
But that was me, I was the real deal, I know I was! I had over 70% pass rate , 4 years running ! Trust me u wont find that a lot ! If u ask them they will tell u tales , cod the y don't know or the affraid to check lo
Also , if they see u clued in a bit , they think twice b4 givingyou some bull**** answer, lol trust me and that's when they will say the not sure or dont know, then I know, u doing well keeping this aspect under control, nobody's perfect and know all ****, you learn till you die babes, 😉😉that's it that's IT this time, look at the time.......HALLELUJAH !!!
First like 20-30ho Always go to big schools, u got options, etc
By then you get to know the game, them, if they do teach u something, breefing at the end of lessons, lots ic Q and A , not just them talking, involve u in almost evey aspect of learning, , Ask ask , ask
They only talk , u bit gona learn much , never think about how many hours u still gonna need etc , u can not put an hour on it!!!!!
You just do it, till you ready,!DEMAND LOTS LOTS MOCK TESTS with different instructors (or call me lol)
See, a guy like me for example d be the best bet for a mock test, you d get basically a normal driving test, with all the treamings , phreysology breefings etc, DVSA EXAMINERS are touth to have uniformity in terms of what the y and how they talk and when, u get me, wrong time with instruction, and woops , serious fault, , if intentionally that's intrapment and they do it that u or the instructor if is with u on test won't know what's hit you it when lol
Happening every day across the UK, otherwise what do u think they gona pay all them lasy ****ers from them HQ' s in Nottingham and Cardiff and and
See now u know WHY WE HAVE TO SIGN A SECRECY AGREEMENT, lol
Oh ye babes, if u talks 3 months prison
And they find something to suck u!!
****in Mafia, you getting an Licence to kill , God damn James Bond lol
But ye liturally they give you the power to **** the public to keep the waiting times for practical test more than six 7 weeks, then they contain , they liturally bullying you to that , if you behind if I may say so , high pass. Rate h know !
They will make you life so missarable and many crack and u see grown men crying big time, I saw it many times, and after a while they lose the plot and quit or get sucked ! If u don't fit into tgecwatablishment ! To keep the pass rate low,public get s stcreewed daily !!!
The process of learning to ASSESS A DRUVING TEST IS V DIFFUCUIT TO CRACK, four weeks of hell in Cardington where the based for any test realytng stuff, new enrants training!
Etc u don't play their game, NO PRISOECTS OF ANY KIND OF PROMOTION, they be after u till they get u, I refused to cheat on candidates, I told them ****ers I can go in the most difficult route in that test c
With every candidate and that's the way they do it and if that's big enough, the lie about a white van driver u apoarently forced can to break while emerging, there is so many ways!!!lol
I kept allwYs legit, lol on one occasion in Wood Green test c, I was high on my pass rates for m & females, so u thought I will take each one ic tj poor souls on that most difficult route, but it turned out the W green difficult route was quite easy compare for example Hendon or Mill Hill T c, much more tougher there!!!! So I bloody turned up after my seven test work day. With bloody 7 passes ! Oh bless them?
And fir this I was told to go to see one of them ****ers from HQ
I could bloody write a book , do u n ow what perhaps I should, best seller it would be , wouldn't even have to add tale tales!!!.lol
Perhaps another day
Kusses
U

The
Xxxx
Pass on the knowledge dude
Or I will find you lol
A quote from Rambo 2 lol
Any good looking brides , pass on my number, 😉👌

Been there was told to go Right (he ment left) so he shouted what the hell are you doing I am like going right I told you to go left so I snap back no you didn't you said Right he could his jest told me to stop the car apologised we turned the car round and continued the lesson

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending