The Student Room Group

AS Maths- Statistics (S1) Fri 5th June *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

If you are doing a question with two parts, i.e part a and b, and part b requires the use of part a, I'm unsure whether you use the exact value or the answer rounded to 3sf? I've done quite a few past papers and it seems to be different for different questions in the mark scheme but never specifies in the question. Are there any set questions that you need to use the exact value for? Hope that made sense!!
Reply 41
Original post by edwardsheeran
If you are doing a question with two parts, i.e part a and b, and part b requires the use of part a, I'm unsure whether you use the exact value or the answer rounded to 3sf? I've done quite a few past papers and it seems to be different for different questions in the mark scheme but never specifies in the question. Are there any set questions that you need to use the exact value for? Hope that made sense!!

Use exact. Had this discussion on different thread. You would probably get away with using rounded figures but it is bad practise to do so. For things like regression, store exact a and b in calculator. In workings, either use the rounded numbers (2.345) or use the ... approach (2.345...) - latter is more conventional. But use exact in calculator.
Technique for getting all S1 content right in only two days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Hey guys, what's the difference between a product moment correlation of 0 an -0.35. I had initally thought -0.35 would be more negatively correlated/showing the least correlation, but it's 0. Why is this the case?

Thank you!
so how did the exam go for you guys?
It was defo a lot better than c1 and c2 for sure imo

Quick Reply

Latest