The Student Room Group

OCR G673 SOCIOLOGY OF EDUCATION- WHO's DOING IT?!?

Scroll to see replies

Would I get marked down if I remember what the sociologist said but not their name?
Yes

Original post by onyeeez
Would I get marked down if I remember what the sociologist said but not their name?
Original post by natashaaa12829
Yes

there is no negative marking but you wont get the mark for that particular point
Original post by stressedbrownboy
What's everyone predicting guys?

Anyone want an A grade essay on education and economy ? I'll trade for A/B grade essays in return

if the essay is social class dea then yes please I would like to see it I'll give you some essays in return all A grades
Likely to be vocationalism, Marxist role of education and possibly parental choice for policy
What is parental choice for policy?

[AQUOTE]Likely to be vocationalism, Marxist role of education and possibly parental choice for policy
The policies that have improved their selection for their children such as open enrollment, new school types etc
Can I just check, is it one question per topic, so one for Role and Function, one for Education and the Economy and one for Differential Educational Achievement?
Or is there a possibility of them doubling up on questions and doing two Role and Function for example?
Do use think that gender may not come up?
Original post by MeganBrooks1009
Can I just check, is it one question per topic, so one for Role and Function, one for Education and the Economy and one for Differential Educational Achievement?
Or is there a possibility of them doubling up on questions and doing two Role and Function for example?

It's usually 3 questions based on Theory - role and function, Policy and Differential education Acheivenent and you answer 2 out of the 3

Hope that helps! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by onyeeez
It's usually one question based on Theory - role and function, Policy and Differential education Acheivenent

Hope that helps! :smile:

YES YES YES thank you so much! It means I should be able to ignore the Diff. Educational Achievement!

Thank you so very much!! :smile:

I think either gender or class may come up
YES YES YES thank you so much! It means I should be able to ignore the Diff. Educational Achievement!

Thank you so very much!! :smile:

You're welcome :smile: , I have to ignore the policy question hahaa
Original post by onyeeez
You're welcome :smile: , I have to ignore the policy question hahaa

Were you not taught it then?
Were you not taught it then?

I was but very briefly , my teacher concentrated on theories and Diff. Educational Acheivenent because a question comes up for all sections
Right, I've done this thing on Memrise to help learn the main things for the exam, So far I've only done Role and Function of Education, but I'm about to do Education and the economy also, it is less detailed for PoMo, New Right and Social Democrat due to the things I've been taught, but I thought some people might find it handy :smile: Let me know what you guys think! :smile:

http://www.memrise.com/course/716244/role-and-function-ocr-g673-sociology/
[QUOTE="SarahBailey1995;56961363"]Likely to be vocationalism, Marxist role of education and possibly parental choice for policy[/QUOTE
how would you structure the essay on vocationalism

gender can come up and you should revise it but social class is the most likely
Role/Theory: something to do with education meeting the needs of the economy (Marxism);
DEA: something to do with culture/home explanations of social class; and
Policy: something to do with working class students being at a disadvantage and the policies implemented to help them.

The reason I think these type of questions will come up is because of the pattern I've noticed from the JAN 2011 - JUN 2014 papers! :smile::smile::smile:

(PS: I've included a revision guide that goes over everything in simple terms! :biggrin:)
Original post by deessenoire
Role/Theory: something to do with education meeting the needs of the economy (Marxism);
DEA: something to do with culture/home explanations of social class; and
Policy: something to do with working class students being at a disadvantage and the policies implemented to help them.

The reason I think these type of questions will come up is because of the pattern I've noticed from the JAN 2011 - JUN 2014 papers! :smile::smile::smile:

(PS: I've included a revision guide that goes over everything in simple terms! :biggrin:)

Yep those questions are likely to come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending