The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Freshers (2015)

Might be some 4 months early, but better be early than late, and so I wanted to find out if there is any plans for 2015 Freshers as of yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SillyPlank
Might be some 4 months early, but better be early than late, and so I wanted to find out if there is any plans for 2015 Freshers as of yet?

Yeah mate, I've just bought tickets for 'F*CK ME IT'S FRESHERS' which apparently it's meant to be the biggest freshers event of the year.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ManjSingh97
Yeah mate, I've just bought tickets for 'F*CK ME IT'S FRESHERS' which apparently it's meant to be the biggest freshers event of the year.

Already? I've only just got my accommodation sorted. Where'd you get the tickets :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueNNch
Already? I've only just got my accommodation sorted. Where'd you get the tickets :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.facebook.com/events/1443734629258545/

I wouldn't buy it yet if you don't have a unconditional though since you may end up going somewhere else and wasting your money.
Reply 4
Yeah I agree and thanks for the link :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueNNch

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, the earlier you buy them, the cheaper they are. They were only £9 as well, I thought why not

Here's a link: http://www.fckmeitsfresherstour.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Haha, the earlier you buy them, the cheaper they are. They were only £9 as well, I thought why not

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'll buy them on results day if I meet my conditional offer :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lipslikemorphine
https://www.facebook.com/events/1443734629258545/

I wouldn't buy it yet if you don't have a unconditional though since you may end up going somewhere else and wasting your money.

They were cheap and I thought why not. Also the earlier you buy them, the cheaper they are

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but when you buy them twice because the first one was useless after you didn't get in then it isn't cheaper.

saying that though, i wish you luck on results day.
Original post by QueNNch
I think I'll buy them on results day if I meet my conditional offer :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good!! What are you planning to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lipslikemorphine
Yeah but when you buy them twice because the first one was useless after you didn't get in then it isn't cheaper.

saying that though, i wish you luck on results day.

I think I'll meet my offer quite comfortably so I'm not fussed at all tbh. And thank you, same to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'll meet my offer quite comfortably so I'm not fussed at all tbh. And thank you, same to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm on my gap year but thanks anyways :smile:
Reply 12
Good!! What are you planning to study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BEng Mechanical Engineering :tongue:
What about you? And where are you from by the way? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueNNch
BEng Mechanical Engineering :tongue:
What about you? And where are you from by the way? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be studying Management. I'm from Wolverhampton, how about yourself? What societies you looking to join?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I'm going to be studying Management. I'm from Wolverhampton, how about yourself? What societies you looking to join?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from North India and been living in Nottingham for two years now, doing A levels in a local sixth form. So far it's been a good experience and I like the city.

About societies, eh I'll join anything that I find fun, so not too particular with that, at least right now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueNNch
I'm from North India and been living in Nottingham for two years now, doing A levels in a local sixth form. So far it's been a good experience and I like the city.

About societies, eh I'll join anything that I find fun, so not too particular with that, at least right now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard so many bad stories about the city regarding their crime, have you experienced anything bad during your time in Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I've heard so many bad stories about the city regarding their crime, have you experienced anything bad during your time in Nottingham?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all! Even I don't understand why it has such a name. Its probably specific areas in Nottinghamshire, and those are at a significant distance from the university so you don't need to worry really.
I've been in town late at night so there's really nothing to be worried about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by QueNNch
Not at all! Even I don't understand why it has such a name. Its probably specific areas in Nottinghamshire, and those are at a significant distance from the university so you don't need to worry really.
I've been in town late at night so there's really nothing to be worried about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's made me feel a lot better now, haha. I was feeling quite nervous because of the whole 'Shottingham' thing. What's the nightlife like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
That's made me feel a lot better now, haha. I was feeling quite nervous because of the whole 'Shottingham' thing. What's the nightlife like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might not be the best to ask about nightlife as I've spent most of the past two years setting things up, getting used to things and making new friends etc. :tongue:

Not been to a lot of places but there's so much stuff to do here that two-three years of uni time might just not be enough for it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueNNch
I might not be the best to ask about nightlife as I've spent most of the past two years setting things up, getting used to things and making new friends etc. :tongue:

Not been to a lot of places but there's so much stuff to do here that two-three years of uni time might just not be enough for it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That much eh? Wow, I can't wait now!! I'm really looking forward to September!! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending