The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 1 (IAL) May 2015

Guys, how was the paper today and what are your expectations of grades and grade boundary? 😁

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul Haseeb
Guys, how was the paper today and what are your expectations of grades and grade boundary? 😁

Found it easy, alhamdulillah!:biggrin:
A lot of people found it easy so I guess the grade boundaries might be high!:colonhash:
Reply 2
honestly, it was good. some of the MCQs were a bit rubbish (what was that A = B +/- C +/- D question???) but overall ok. section B was as good as past papers. but a lot of people think the same thing so GB might be really high :frown:
Reply 3
is everyone conformed that it will be a high grade boundary?? omg
I found it quite hard the organics part..
can someone plz discuss stuff
for that mcq a= etc I think I marked C is it correct??
Reply 4
Original post by FluffyCherry
Found it easy, alhamdulillah!:biggrin:
A lot of people found it easy so I guess the grade boundaries might be high!:colonhash:

hello :-) how did you find the MCQs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by A84
is everyone conformed that it will be a high grade boundary?? omg
I found it quite hard the organics part..
can someone plz discuss stuff
for that mcq a= etc I think I marked C is it correct??

that was hard and time consuming 😡 I think I put D....... most of my classmates put C or D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em-dee
hello :-) how did you find the MCQs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the MCQ's?
Reply 7
what mark range do you think will be equivalent to 120 ums marks? 77-78??
Reply 8
Original post by FluffyCherry
What's the MCQ's?

Multiple choice questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
can someone post ans to the mcqs plz???
Reply 10
what was ur lattice enthalpy value? was it like a positive number and something like 2,000 something??
and why did phosphorus have a less/or more ionization energy than sukphur?? and what about aluminium one too??
Reply 11
if someone did normal, but messed up in unit 1, can he/she get a good grade by performing really good in unit 2??
Reply 12
Original post by A84
what was ur lattice enthalpy value? was it like a positive number and something like 2,000 something??
and why did phosphorus have a less/or more ionization energy than sukphur?? and what about aluminium one too??

Wasnt it + 18kj/mol?
Reply 13
r u sure? cuz I got -18 but then I changed my answer to +2000 something... and ppl did get 2000 something
Original post by A84

Hey!My lattice energy was smth around - 2000.. because there is a slight repulsion between the 2 electrons in the 3px orbital..And about aluminum, I wrote that the outer electron (in 3p sub shell) is shielded by inner 3s electrons -> first i.e. is lower in aluminum.
Reply 15
Original post by fa1c0n
Wasnt it + 18kj/mol?

q was +18, and for the lattice energy question it was -??80 forgot the value lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by A84
if someone did normal, but messed up in unit 1, can he/she get a good grade by performing really good in unit 2??

If you're aiming for an A, you can get an A if you got a high B in U1 and get a good A in U2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fa1c0n
Wasnt it + 18kj/mol?

yes it was +18
Reply 18
Original post by A84
r u sure? cuz I got -18 but then I changed my answer to +2000 something... and ppl did get 2000 something

Damn really?! that was for 3 marks right?
I found this paper the most easiest compared to all the previous ones.

Quick Reply

Latest