Id say:
44 = A
40 = B
35 = C

How'd it go?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just realised that I said NH4 had permanent dipoles, not hydrogen bonding......*major face palm* :frown:
Reply 2
Why lanthanides OCR? Why?
it was different to the other past papers imo, much harder. :|
Original post by ebally
Just realised that I said NH4 had permanent dipoles, not hydrogen bonding......*major face palm* :frown:

Lol I literally listed points on that question, didn't even finish
Original post by ebally

Same, but as long as you talked about van der waals' for the other molecules, you should get 3-4 marks for the question.
THis paper was significantly harder than last years

For full UMS last year it was 56/60. This year: I reckon 55/60
Original post by Noodle-Chan
it was different to the other past papers imo, much harder. :|

Well, people were crying how easy it was apparently. It took me so long to do the calc question and it was an unconventional paper. Periodic trends, being the easy part of f321, didn't hold many marks either so definitely unconventional
Original post by Nucleotide
THis paper was significantly harder than last years

For full UMS last year it was 56/60. This year: I reckon 55/60

Potentially lower
I thought grade boundaries will be 48/9 for an A, seemed easier than most past papers
Reply 10
it was nh3 not nh4, i wrote permanent dipole instead of hydrogen... right guys?
Original post by AstroNandos
I thought grade boundaries will be 48/9 for an A, seemed easier than most past papers

Potentially easier but different. People tend to revise stuff based on previous papers more, so I think a few people will skew that boundary down
Original post by Angelo12231
Well, people were crying how easy it was apparently. It took me so long to do the calc question and it was an unconventional paper. Periodic trends, being the easy part of f321, didn't hold many marks either so definitely unconventional

Seriously? At my sixth form it's the complete opposite for the majority but some found it alright. xD
Original post by dash52
it was nh3 not nh4, i wrote permanent dipole instead of hydrogen... right guys?

Hmm nitrogen and hydrogen... seems pretty hydrogen-bondy to me
Reply 14
Hmm nitrogen and hydrogen... seems pretty hydrogen-bondy to me

yh i got it wrong then, but just to double check it was nh3 not nh4
Original post by Noodle-Chan
Seriously? At my sixth form it's the complete opposite for the majority but some found it alright. xD

LOL yeah but you do get those few that completely flopped too
Potentially easier but different. People tend to revise stuff based on previous papers more, so I think a few people will skew that boundary down

Yeah it was different. I found it was different with OCR Physics too
Original post by lukejoshjames
Same, but as long as you talked about van der waals' for the other molecules, you should get 3-4 marks for the question.

wait it asked about ammonia,,, which is nh3, soo it was hydrogen bonding
Original post by AstroNandos
Yeah it was different. I found it was different with OCR Physics too

Likewise

I did all the OCR sciences and they were all noticeably different than past papers haha I think OCR want to catch people out this year - may have worked - may not have worked; can't really tell
Original post by optimistsan23
wait it asked about ammonia,,, which is nh3, soo it was hydrogen bonding

Yeah it was hydrogen bonding. I put dipole dipole interactions and didn't even think about hydrogen bonds for some reason :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending