The Student Room Group

Am I going to get Reported😓😓😓

So i was finishing my exam and the invigilator called to stop. I carried on writing about 5/6 more words before she personally pointed at me to stop(i was close to the front)... Afterwards the exam officer kept me back and said he was going to tell the exam board that i was wfiting after time was called... He said its their choice whether to cancel my paper and inform other exam boards...😓😓😓😓 He seemed like a right b*llend... A lot of people are saying he wont do anything and its an empty threat.... Your views?😬😬

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like they're overreacting if you ask me, and being pedantic. Tell them to get a grip.

Remember, it is poor English to leave a sentence unfinished.

Always works for me ^

Skips :smile:
Original post by CplSkippy

Remember, it is poor English to leave a sentence unfinished.

Always works for me ^

is this quite a good joke?
Reply 3
Original post by ArtrixB
So i was finishing my exam and the invigilator called to stop. I carried on writing about 5/6 more words before she personally pointed at me to stop(i was close to the front)... Afterwards the exam officer kept me back and said he was going to tell the exam board that i was wfiting after time was called... He said its their choice whether to cancel my paper and inform other exam boards...😓😓😓😓 He seemed like a right b*llend... A lot of people are saying he wont do anything and its an empty threat.... Your views?😬😬

He was probably making an example out of you so other students will be discouraged from inappropriate activities during exams; I'd say it was an empty threat.
Reply 4
Original post by N eye C
He was probably making an example out of you so other students will be discouraged from inappropriate activities during exams; I'd say it was an empty threat.

He didn't see my cand number either unless he remembered where i sat😐😐
They have to report it but I doubt you'd get disqualified since it was only a few seconds extra writing time.
Original post by ArtrixB

No, you got told off, that's good enough. I think the invigilator will know it'll be too harsh if he acted any more serious than that.
Wow, yet another invigilator on a little power trip. Yes, they'll report it but no you're not gonna get your paper cancelled.
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
Wow, yet another invigilator on a little power trip. Yes, they'll report it but no you're not gonna get your paper cancelled.

Report to who?
Pretty much everyone who hasn't finished their sentence does this! This a really is a massive over exaggeration. Just make that clear.
Original post by Cherx
Report to who?

To the exam board.
Reply 11
Original post by RachJess4
To the exam board.

Is it really neccessary? What do they expect the exam boards to do? Huh it just shows that my school is really calmn.
Original post by Cherx
Is it really neccessary? What do they expect the exam boards to do? Huh it just shows that my school is really calmn.

Most of the time the exam boards don't do anything unless it is a serious breach of the rules, but the invigilators have to report everything, it's just the rules.
I highly doub that anything was to happen and if it was, it would have definately have been followed up by now :yep:
Original post by ArtrixB

I've done that before. They just waited and let me finish. I think I had nice invigilators tho....:h:Don't worry. I think he probably was fed up of invigilating and had a short fuse. :hmmm:
Reply 15
Original post by Smileyface97
I've done that before. They just waited and let me finish. I think I had nice invigilators tho....:h:Don't worry. I think he probably was fed up of invigilating and had a short fuse. :hmmm:

I'll stand here in my corner of envy. Mine were awfully frustrating.
Original post by cambio wechsel
is this quite a good joke?

I'm actually serious.

Original post by somemightsay888

Glad I'm not the only one who notices how mad about power invigilators are.

You try dealing with 200+ stressed, irritated, tired, convinced-of-their-own-righteousness little barstewards for 6 hours a day, see how you feel.

There is enormous pressure on schools to do the correct thing with exams, to follow the laws to the letter. That pressure is then passed on to the invigilators. A few indiscretions can see the school lose it's license to hold exams, and then you'd all be up **** creek without a canoe.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest