The Student Room Group

Interview tomorrow - worried

I have an interview tomorrow for my first proper job when I graduate. Have had part time jobs before but interviews were over 4 years ago! I am so nervous as I really want this job and have yet to prepare due to assignments and working. Will I have time to prepare tonight and tomorrow morning? Has anyone been to an interview before and is it really intense?
Reply 1
It seems to me like you are posting this to procrastinate. If you really want this job, get off the forum [unless you are revising here] and get researching! You have one opportunity and staring blankly at this thread won't help you much come the moment of truth.

Good luck!
Reply 2
good luck
Reply 3
Got all my questions and answers prepared.

Bit worried now as I have researched the company and read bad things like they were prosecuted a few years ago for breaking the law, the owners were involved in the political party cash scandal and its owned by Asians (not that is to be judged by). I haven't heard of this company and feel as though I have been forced to go to the interview when I know little about the company.

I wish I had more time to prepare but it would be bad to cancel though as I may never get a second chance.

The advert also says shift manager so does this mean evenings/nights and weekends are involved?

Don't know :confused:
This might be too late, but do you have any awards you could show at the end of this interview? Even if it's something small - works a treat! :biggrin: So long as it's not over 5 years old or something or from Primary school :laugh:

Ok best of luck, and don't talk much but if you do, try to keep it all positive :wink: :yy:

DBx
Reply 5
I took my dissertation and certificates with me which they did not ask to see :eek:

The hours were diabolical 6am - 2pm, then second week 2.30pm - 10.30pm including weekends and maybe night shifts :eek:

I glanced at the notes they had made which the person covered up so I don't know if this would have come across as being nosy?! :frown:

I don't want the job but could I ask for feedback if I was unsucessful?
Reply 6
Yes you can always ask for feedback, bu it doesn't mean they will give it to you.
Reply 7
abshirf2
Yes you can always ask for feedback, bu it doesn't mean they will give it to you.

I asked the agency who arranged the interview if it would be possible for feedback if I didn't get a second interview - the agency woman was quite abrupt and says 'I don't think they can do that', then said in the next breath more nicely 'I will try and ask'.

I guess its time consuming having to tell candidates their faults.

Latest

Trending

Trending