The Student Room Group

How many hours do you spend studying per day?

Poll

How many hours per day do you spend studying? (round to nearest hour)

How many hours per day do you tend to spend studying/try to aim for?

Probably best to assume that this excludes time spent in lessons. I didn't exclude it with my vote (i.e. 8 including lessons), but it's probably fine if you do since most people will have the standard 36 lessons per fortnight scenario.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MintyMilk

Can we add a poll to this do you think? :beard:

:cookie:
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Can we add a poll to this do you think? :beard:

:cookie:

Done.
Most TSR users revise for 30+ plus hours per day. It's a fact.
Done.

:woo:

:biggrin: Amazing :biggrin:
Reply 5

Half an hour after i get home till 10pm
Which ranges from 3pm to 5pm start time:redface:
Yet i still flopped physics:angry:
Posted from TSR Mobile
during the year it was about 2-3 hours outside of school, since exam season started (start of april) i've been doing about 6-8 daily, sometimes more or less depending on how i feel
Reply 7
Only up to 15? On TSR? :redface:
Reply 8
When I'm feeling tired, I usually limit myself to around 23 hours a day with a 30 min lunch break, 15 min nap and 15 min dinner break

My usual day consists of 23 hours 59 mins of revision with a cheeky 1 min nap between subjects.

Seriously though- I try and limit it to productive revision, you wont catch me sitting in my room for more than an hour at a time, If I only do two hours of work on one day then so be it. Quality > quantity :biggrin:
i don't understand how people reivse like 8-10 hours a day.... i do 1 hour of each subject a day (3 subjects) and im predicted A*A*A. damn tsrians they'll probably say they revise something bullcrap like 25 hours a day
It's quality not quantity when it comes to revision. There's no point revising for 8 hours a day if you're so burnt out you spend most of that time checking Facebook and stressing :h: Take plenty of breaks and keep your sessions focused :dumbells:
I genereally go several days without doing anything then i'll have a whole evening, doing past papers, i do maths physics and art and i've finished everything for art now so physics and maths are my only subjects, i don't like to do too much because I'll run out of resources whereas i prefer to save some papers untill nearer the exam so i can have a last minute test of what my grade would be if i were to do a brand new paper i haven't seen before. I also watch a lot of videos of exam solutions when i can't be bothered to do questions myself lol

Usually the day before en exam i'll spend the whole day trying to complete all the past papers, ignoring super easy questions which feel like a waste of time so close to an exam.
Reply 12
All this talk of so many hours - am I the only one who only does about an hour in term time?!? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panda14
All this talk of so many hours - am I the only one who only does about an hour in term time?!? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are you doing, get your butt off tsr then and do some work!
I don't really do my revision by the hours I do them by targets

I can get so much more done within a day. Otherwise I'm just twiddling my thumbs at my desk waiting for x amount of revision time to be up. Or procastinating :biggrin: .

For example, my targets for today would be to:
- Revise mean and standard deviation (maths)
- Condense my Computing notes into specification-specific content. (Computing)
Reply 15
Really depends on the date - during term time i generally only do the homework except for subject areas which I really don't get but a month before exams i revise my butt off xD
Reply 16
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
It's quality not quantity when it comes to revision. There's no point revising for 8 hours a day if you're so burnt out you spend most of that time checking Facebook and stressing :h: Take plenty of breaks and keep your sessions focused :dumbells:

I would agree, but Thomas Frank makes a convincing case against that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbgqFQjT6wo
I do virtually none throughout the year. I do homework most of the time, but halfway through the year I stop doing that too XD. And then every year, about 2 months before exams, it hits me that I haven't being paying attention in half of my lessons and that I seriously need to start revision. Then I start going ultra-revision mode (to be fair, my 'revision' is more like just 'vision' at this point - I end up having to teach myself half the course because I don't listen in the lessons :sigh:).

But this only lasts until I realise that I have managed to catch up and am on track to getting on my revision done before the exam. Once I realise that my revision is going ok and that I have managed to get back on track, I immediately become lazy until that sense of urgency hits me when I start procrastinating again.

So I'm always putting myself under unnecessary pressure. But I guess I could argue that I can't start proper work without being under a lot a pressure (it's stupid, I know).
It seems to have worked thus far though...
I would agree, but Thomas Frank makes a convincing case against that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbgqFQjT6wo

Hm? This doesn't disagree with what I said at all.....? This video seems spot on :smile: :yy:
I do about 4 hours, after school (16:30-20:30).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending