The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Physics PH2 June 4th 2015

Scroll to see replies

Is someone making an unofficial mark scheme?
I thought the last reaction involved strong force because the up quark number was conserved? hence the large kinetic energy involved (from the high speeds)
Original post by merrigold
I thought the last reaction involved strong force because the up quark number was conserved? hence the large kinetic energy involved (from the high speeds)

but there weren't just quarks involved so it couldn't be strong....
Original post by SoThisIsStresful
but there weren't just quarks involved so it couldn't be strong....

were there not? :tongue: oops
i thought the particles in the last question were muons, which are composed of quarks
what did people think the hardest question was? - besides the last one
Wasn't it the one before that was a weak interaction?

I remember the previous one being weak because it had a neutrino but I think the last one was strong.. it was something like: meson + H nucleus -> two protons; so it only involved particles made up of quarks..?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MariaTheSkater
Wasn't it the one before that was a weak interaction?

I remember the previous one being weak because it had a neutrino but I think the last one was strong.. it was something like: meson + H nucleus -> two protons; so it only involved particles made up of quarks..?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's what I thought! :redface:
Original post by WhisperingTide
Wavelength was 4.8
Velocity can be worked out using other wave. (50*1.6 =80)

Therefore frequency is 80/4.8

Which gave me 16.7Hz or something.

seems so obvious now, knew I needed a velocity just didn't know what numbers to use, silly me!
what percentage did people get in the laser question? think I got 14%
Original post by avengedabbie
what percentage did people get in the laser question? think I got 14%

I think I got something like that. I wasn't really sure which stimulated emission value to use.
Original post by loinducoeur
I think I got something like that. I wasn't really sure which stimulated emission value to use.

In four level lasers the stimulated emission normally takes place from Level 3 down to Level 2, and yeah I got 14.7% :smile:
any theories on grade boundaries?
Original post by avengedabbie
any theories on grade boundaries?

100 for an A* probably
Reply 54
Original post by Eddard_Stark
100 for an A* probably

A*? XD
Anyone got 1417 for Stefan and 1413 for Wien? (Obviously you may have slightly different values.) I think I got them right because they're virtually the same?
16.7 Hz for the fundamental (first harmonic) frequency, as someone else got :biggrin:.
Violet travels more slowly? It fits it with v=f(lambda) as well, so I think it's right.
14.something for laser percentage. :smile:
Repulsion between positive charges, overcome strong force, high kinetic energies, etc. for last question?

Any other questions that are worth discussing? I can't remember many right now.

Oh, and the crests were 1/3 wavelength along, right?
Original post by PrimeLime
A*? XD
Anyone got 1417 for Stefan and 1413 for Wien? (Obviously you may have slightly different values.) I think I got them right because they're virtually the same?
16.7 Hz for the fundamental (first harmonic) frequency, as someone else got :biggrin:.
Violet travels more slowly? It fits it with v=f(lambda) as well, so I think it's right.
Repulsion between positive charges, overcome strong force, high kinetic energies, etc. for last question?

I got all the same, wasn't sure about the crests so I'm glad someone else did them 1/3 along too :smile:

Really annoyed with myself as I put a strong interaction for the particle question because I saw the small time period, and was completely oblivious to the neutrino :frown: that's the price you pay for rushing lol
Original post by PrimeLime
A*? XD

I got around 2400 K for both. If anyone remembers the name of the star, we could easily double check though
Got the same as you for the rest of those.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eddard_Stark
I got around 2400 K for both. If anyone remembers the name of the star, we could easily double check though
Got the same as you for the rest of those.

It was called Aldebaran, I think :smile:
Reply 58
Yes, it was definitely Aldebaran. I remember the radius being 44.2 times bigger than the sun.
I got something around 3900 and around 4100 for each answer. The actual temperature is 3910K.

And yeah, I also drew my wave crests 1/3 along and my percentage for that laser question was also 14.7%. :smile:
Original post by holly30
Yes, it was definitely Aldebaran. I remember the radius being 44.2 times bigger than the sun.
I got something around 3900 and around 4100 for each answer. The actual temperature is 3910K.

And yeah, I also drew my wave crests 1/3 along and my percentage for that laser question was also 14.7%. :smile:

I got those exact answers too, phew! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending