The Student Room Group

WJEC AS Chemistry CH2 June 2nd 2015

Hey, guys. I've decided to make threads for the PH2 and CH2 exams since the PH1 and CH1 exams are (thankfully) over now.
Is preparation going well? Has everyone learnt all of those mechanisms, reactions/tests? There's a lot of content in CH2, probably substantially more than in CH1, so if you guys have any questions and/or are struggling with a certain topic, let me know!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there any chance you could list the mechanisms we need to know please as I keep getting confused? :/
Reply 2
-Photochlorination of methane
-Electrophilic addition
-Nucleophilic substitution

... I think that's all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Completely forgot about photo chlorination of methane!! Thanks!
anyone got CH2 2009 January paper?
How are people feeling about this paper? I'm hoping it will be kinder than CH1 was. Lots of organic chemistry please.
Reply 6
Think it will be Okay. Tbh you can't go really wrong in ch2 provided you've memorised the reactions Etc
bit late but what tests do we need to know. i never found a solid list so have been learning the ones i found in past papers...
That test completely dicked me over.

By far the hardest exam I've done so far
Reply 9
it was hard but i thought it was okay overall
it was a hard paper i thought
I thought that was brilliant :biggrin:
Reply 12
Thought the exam was lovely! Only questions that tripped me up were the electron density in the bond ones and the one about Amonia and ethane.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ser_
Thought the exam was lovely! Only questions that tripped me up were the electron density in the bond ones and the one about Amonia and ethane.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly the same.
Original post by Ser_

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same apart from the only real dodgy question was the electron density question
How do you go about doing the empirical formula question and calculating the amount of Carbon present in Acid F? Couldn't figure it out for the life of me..
100 UMS 70/71 out of 80
Original post by Revenation
How do you go about doing the empirical formula question and calculating the amount of Carbon present in Acid F? Couldn't figure it out for the life of me..

Find mol of carbon present in co2 x12 gives like 0.48ish or something. Then 0.6something for oxygen. Then empirical formula was c2o2h3
Original post by Questioner1234
Find mol of carbon present in co2 x12 gives like 0.48ish or something. Then 0.6something for oxygen. Then empirical formula was c2o2h3

Sorry, im trying it now, so basically, Mol = Mass/Mr,
The mass of Co2 was 1.79g,
So 1.79/44 = 0.407 moles of Co2.

How do you get 0.48? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Reply 19
Original post by Questioner1234

I didn't get that, do you think I'd get follow through marks for the masses that I used?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending