The Student Room Group

is it me ? or was the aqa chem exam really hard , and awful?

after so much study my dreams been shattered today - i dont think i managed an A - i thought the paper was awful

what to do now???

Scroll to see replies

zzzz.png

Original post by ahsan_ijaz
after so much study my dreams been shattered today - i dont think i managed an A - i thought the paper was awful

what to do now???

dnt wrry, you don't have to get an A in this paper to get an A overall :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LearningGeek
zzzz.png

dnt wrry, you don't have to get an A in this paper to get an A overall :smile:

i know but i got only a B in Isa , and now i think i have to get 130 ums in the unit 2 which is like :frown:
Original post by ahsan_ijaz
i know but i got only a B in Isa , and now i think i have to get 130 ums in the unit 2 which is like :frown:

I wish i did isas, we do bloody empas
And 130 is possible, cheer up
You can do it, theres still over a week to glue your head down and revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
How could you have studied hard and found that hard? That paper had to be the easiest paper I've done. Do all the past papers and the questions are the same, just worded different, or a different element. I just did 8 past papers over 2 days for revision and got 65 on that paper. (Admittedly, compared my answers to unofficial mark scheme, so may not be correct.)
Original post by vikrmmn
How could you have studied hard and found that hard? That paper had to be the easiest paper I've done. Do all the past papers and the questions are the same, just worded different, or a different element. I just did 8 past papers over 2 days for revision and got 65 on that paper. (Admittedly, compared my answers to unofficial mark scheme, so may not be correct.)

Not everyone's you, lol
I had an evening to revise and an early morning to revise
Exam pressure can make you get questions wrong that you wouldn't have got wrong otherwise
Id be lucky to scrape an A, but otherwise a B for this paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Not everyone's you, lol
I had an evening to revise and an early morning to revise
Exam pressure can make you get questions wrong that you wouldn't have got wrong otherwise
Id be lucky to scrape an A, but otherwise a B for this paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said you studied so hard, yet revised for less than a day?
Reply 7
Original post by vikrmmn

I dont know why - i did all the past papers twice - and i studied over 7-8 months
but i don't know what happened today! just really upset and you seem pretty confident which is good
Reply 8
I wish i did isas, we do bloody empas
And 130 is possible, cheer up
You can do it, theres still over a week to glue your head down and revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully , man - my dreams rely on it and i think it was the exam pressure which made me make silly mistakes .
i can just try now - leave the rest up to
Original post by vikrmmn
You said you studied so hard, yet revised for less than a day?

I didnt say i studied hard, im not the thread starter

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it really hard :frown:

Been revising for ages ! Know ive dropped 9-10 marks
Original post by SubwayLover1
I found it really hard :frown:

Been revising for ages ! Know ive dropped 9-10 marks

9-10 Marks is still good
Anything above 55 is pretty good id say

Posted from TSR Mobile
9-10 Marks is still good
Anything above 55 is pretty good id say

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the moles one about 95% yield i multiplied by 0.95 instead of divided at the end, would i loose like 3 marks?
For the moles one about 95% yield i multiplied by 0.95 instead of divided at the end, would i loose like 3 marks?

I did the same thing, im not sure tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
The key here is to ensure you move on fast so it does not affect other exams
Reply 15

no ofcourse not, you'll probably only lose one haha. it's all about the method and that was just an additional step. 4/5 marks
Original post by j5994
no ofcourse not, you'll probably only lose one haha. it's all about the method and that was just an additional step. 4/5 marks

Can I just ask two more questions and thats it? :smile:

For the isotope and periodic table one( different Ar) : I said the periodic table uses a greater range of isotopes ? Is that correct?

For H2S and H202 I said : Oxygen is more electronegative so there is a greater difference in electronegativity which creates hydrogen bonding which is stronger than dipole-dipole as in H2S there is a small difference in electronegativity. ?

I agree it was a terrible paper, I reckon I'm on the A/B boundary, but don't worry about it now, then it will just have a huge affect on ur remaining exams. Just try to do well in unit 2, but don't give urself a target for what you have do get otherwise you will just get really stressed out and there is no point of doing that, just try to forget. It's only one exam, it hardly defined you as a person
Reply 18
Original post by Zakmoh15
I agree it was a terrible paper, I reckon I'm on the A/B boundary, but don't worry about it now, then it will just have a huge affect on ur remaining exams. Just try to do well in unit 2, but don't give urself a target for what you have do get otherwise you will just get really stressed out and there is no point of doing that, just try to forget. It's only one exam, it hardly defined you as a person

Thanks a lot - im gna try to get 130 ums - study really hard - anything is possible
However , its tough if don't make it i want to get as Close to an A as possible so i get predicted an A for uni applications.

I dont know what it was with this paper -Hopefully the Gb boundaries are low , most people on tsr are like oxbridge quality so its not a good way to judge the boundary - i think i dropped 16-18 marks
Reply 19

I did 660/100 x 95
= 627g

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending