The Student Room Group

What if I only nearly meet my entry requirements?

I am an US applicant with offers from KCL, Durham, and St Andrews. I have an unconditional from Durham and St Andrews but I really want to go to KCL. I received my SATs and I scored 10 points lower than the required grade (1940 instead of 1950). Do unis forgive easily since I exceed their requirements by almost 200 points on my other exams? Am I in trouble? Any advice?
You have a chance, especially as you are so close.

If the university has had your SAT results sent directly to them, all you can do is wait. If not, make sure they are aware how close you were to the requirements by emailing them directly.

All the universities you have listed are fantastic institutions in terms of reputation, so please do not worry too much if you do not go to the one you had your heart set on.

Good luck
Original post by Comeback
You have a chance, especially as you are so close.

If the university has had your SAT results sent directly to them, all you can do is wait. If not, make sure they are aware how close you were to the requirements by emailing them directly.

All the universities you have listed are fantastic institutions in terms of reputation, so please do not worry too much if you do not go to the one you had your heart set on.

Good luck

Thank you! you put me more at ease. Is it possible to ask them to lower the offer a bit on the SAT part if they raise it other aspects such as SAT subject tests or is that something they don't really do? Cause I saw some unis that allowed A*AA or A*A*B so I thought one would make up for the other?
Original post by Gabrielxucram
Thank you! you put me more at ease. Is it possible to ask them to lower the offer a bit on the SAT part if they raise it other aspects such as SAT subject tests or is that something they don't really do? Cause I saw some unis that allowed A*AA or A*A*B so I thought one would make up for the other?

You can certainly give it at go by asking them, but they would probably prefer to wait until results day, see who have made/missed their offers and then consider taking you on with your SAT results.

Quick Reply

Latest