The Student Room Group

English literature - CONFLICT POETRY

I decided to do the first question of the conflict section, which after I read many times, made me believe I had to write about how to poet presents ideas of conflict in Mametz Wood and another poem. Once I got back to lesson, I discovered it was actually about place and that I'd completely ****ed up, Apparently half my class also didn't realise it was about place. Anyone have the same issue? :frown:
Reply 1
Yep! I did exactly the same thing and so did lots of people at my school. Don't worry, my teacher said maximum we could lose is 5 marks and they base what we write on content and look to give us marks x
Reply 2
Original post by pheebsrj
Yep! I did exactly the same thing and so did lots of people at my school. Don't worry, my teacher said maximum we could lose is 5 marks and they base what we write on content and look to give us marks x

I'm so relieved! Thank you for telling me, I was so worried about it x
Reply 3
No problem! And judging by what I have seen on here ALOT of other people have done exactly the same thing! I'm pretty sure they base it mainly on our content (structure, form, language, meanings etc.) and although we can't get full marks...if what we have written is decent we can still get top grades! x
Reply 4
Original post by pheebsrj
No problem! And judging by what I have seen on here ALOT of other people have done exactly the same thing! I'm pretty sure they base it mainly on our content (structure, form, language, meanings etc.) and although we can't get full marks...if what we have written is decent we can still get top grades! x

But surely the content would have to be pertinent to the question or any candidate could simply regurgitate the analysis for a particular poem?
Reply 5
As long as you wrote about conflict, and not rambled on about something totally different like fear or relationships all my teachers said they won't penalise more than 5 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending