The Student Room Group

**OFFICIAL THREAD** OCR A AS Chemistry F322 2nd JUNE 2015

Hi, so F321 is done and now it is time to focus on Unit 2 Chemistry.
This exam is on Tuesday 2nd June
How are you guys feeling for this exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by underestimate
Hi, so F321 is done and now it is time to focus on Unit 2 Chemistry.
This exam is on Tuesday 2nd June
How are you guys feeling for this exam?

Hey its going okay, I am just going to go through the content again and do all the past papers, hopefully it's a good paper :smile:
Original post by pauux
I'm quite scared for this exam, the highest i've got in my mocks is a C and i really need to get an A in this paper :frown: anyone has any revision tips or what you are doing to prepare for this exam??

Perfect your definitions (especially after that F321 exam) and make sure you know all the reagents and conditions for reactions.

Also what I'm doing is going over the boring Green Chemistry/Chemistry of the Air stuff and learning all of that as I have a feeling they might want to change up the Unit 2 exam and make that unconventional too, and go with more of that sort of content.

Finish all past papers and try to do them twice?
Reply 3
Original post by chuckster111
Perfect your definitions (especially after that F321 exam) and make sure you know all the reagents and conditions for reactions.

Also what I'm doing is going over the boring Green Chemistry/Chemistry of the Air stuff and learning all of that as I have a feeling they might want to change up the Unit 2 exam and make that unconventional too, and go with more of that sort of content.

Finish all past papers and try to do them twice?

yeahh i'll definitely do all of that this half term, thanks xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Pretty sure i got a a low grade in f321 ... barely revised for it. it was easy though just didnt have time and didnt do enough revision.

F322 however i find a lot easier i get like 80% for my mocks in it. i just enjoy it alot me more f321.
If i get an A in f322 and possibly a bad grade in f321 (D ,E or worst case scenario U) with a decent grade in my coursework would i be ale to get at least a B, C?

Really hoping for a B
Reply 5
Does anyone have the F322 june 2014 paper? Thanks in advance
Reply 6
Hi Guys,

Made some notes based on the specification for F322. starting with alcohols and finishing on green chemistry/chemistry of the air. spent a fair bit of time on them but they won't be perfect.. so have a look and hope they help!
Reply 7
Original post by Mudkipzz

I'd appreciate this too if someone has it. Might try emailing my teacher if not.
Reply 8
Original post by S1r
I'd appreciate this too if someone has it. Might try emailing my teacher if not.

If you get it, please can you post it here thanks.
Reply 9
What are we supposed to know from the advanced notice? Not really sure how to use it
Could anyone explain how you are supposed to know if the enthalpy profile should be exo or endo in question 4 for me please??? much appreciated! - http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144760-question-paper-unit-f322-01-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf (JAN 2013)
Reply 11
really need to learn the definitions well for a start.. it's do easy to lose marks by being unsure about the definitions 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey, how do you do those questions that ask for 'other structural isomers' having been given one or two already
Reply 13
Any tips for the long answer questions (except mass spec and IR - I can do those! :smile: ) they're usually 6-12 marks and I do quite bad in them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Reply 15
Original post by nye1471
Hi Guys,

Made some notes based on the specification for F322. starting with alcohols and finishing on green chemistry/chemistry of the air. spent a fair bit of time on them but they won't be perfect.. so have a look and hope they help!

Your notes are amazing- thankyou so much!!
Reply 16
what definitions could we get asked for?
Original post by oonic0rn
Could anyone explain how you are supposed to know if the enthalpy profile should be exo or endo in question 4 for me please??? much appreciated! - http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/144760-question-paper-unit-f322-01-chains-energy-and-resources.pdf (JAN 2013)

You look for que words like --- amount of energy was REALEASED for exothermic and ---- amount of energy was taken in. In this case it states that energy was released so you draw an exothermic energy profile diagram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by onubasquared
hey, how do you do those questions that ask for 'other structural isomers' having been given one or two already

Draw a branched and linear version.
Anything is viable providing it has the same molecular formula, just a different order of bonds.
Reply 19
Original post by Mudkipzz

https://app.box.com/s/i3bvy6vbud7l1wnikgguww61qzyi1wny
in that folder

Quick Reply

Latest