The Student Room Group

What A-Levels are you taking/what did you take?

Doing A-Levels next year, want to go into teaching to either become a primary school teacher or a history teacher. My A-Level choices are based on both on what I enjoy and what I'm good at (they are my four best subjects).

History
Maths
Biology
English Lang

That's the order of most certain of to least certain of. I'm only worried for biology because I take double science instead of triple (since I was never good at chemistry or physics), but I work really hard and I enjoy it and i'm fairly good at it. English language i'm not sure because it seems random, but I think it will be enjoyable - I don't think it's highly respected as much as my other A Levels too. I put French as my reserve, but I don't want to take any other A Levels to be honest.

What are you A-level choices? Do you have any subject advice or a level advice in general?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing maths physics resistant materials and PE!! I chose them for the same reasons!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zoexa
I'm doing maths physics resistant materials and PE!! I chose them for the same reasons!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good! Which one is your favourite and which one is your least favourite subject?
Original post by kittykatieboo
Doing A-Levels next year, want to go into teaching to either become a primary school teacher or a history teacher. My A-Level choices are based on both on what I enjoy and what I'm good at (they are my four best subjects).

History
Maths
Biology
English Lang

That's the order of most certain of to least certain of. I'm only worried for biology because I take double science instead of triple (since I was never good at chemistry or physics), but I work really hard and I enjoy it and i'm fairly good at it. English language i'm not sure because it seems random, but I think it will be enjoyable - I don't think it's highly respected as much as my other A Levels too. I put French as my reserve, but I don't want to take any other A Levels to be honest.

What are you A-level choices? Do you have any subject advice or a level advice in general?

I am doing...
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Maths
I picked thm due to become doctor :smile:
Reply 4
Next year I want to do..
(Modern) history
Politics/English lit
Maths
Economics
Reply 5
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
History

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Is this good for an accounting degree:

Further Maths
Maths
Physics (the science that I do the best in my GCSEs)
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatima1998
I am doing...
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Maths
I picked thm due to become doctor :smile:

They're quite tricky, quite a few people are taking them. I would call them the death of A Levels. If it's what you want to do I suppose it will all be worth it.
Original post by AdamCee
Next year I want to do..
(Modern) history
Politics/English lit
Maths
Economics

Sounds good, we share two of the same a level choices! Do you know what you want to be when you're older?
Reply 9
Original post by Arun99

Further Maths
Maths
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are fine but just know accounting at university has very little maths. Although you're working with numbers a lot of the time its very simple maths thats involved. Thought I'd let you know if you don't know already as many have this misconception.
Original post by Arun99

Further Maths
Maths
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they're great! Maths, further maths and economics are obviously pretty relevant to do with accounting and physics will look impressive (plus you do a lot of maths in a level physics - ask my brother, he took maths, physics, georgraphy and further maths)
Original post by Arun99

Further Maths
Maths
Economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they're very good subjects. Most uni's care more about the grades than the subject for accounting anyway (provided they're facilitating subjects)
Sounds good, we share two of the same a level choices! Do you know what you want to be when you're older?

Woo :five:
I want to go into either economics or law :smile: what about you?
They're quite tricky, quite a few people are taking them. I would call them the death of A Levels. If it's what you want to do I suppose it will all be worth it.

don't worry.... I thinks the same its a welcome of death n afterwards during the A levels there will b no sign of recovery n eventually I will die :biggrin:
I'm doing maths, further maths (possibly additional further), physics and chemistry for a physics degree hopefully after Sixth Form :smile:

History
Maths
Biology
English Lang

French is well regarded in primary schools- as is maths :smile:

I did
Maths, French, Latin, Classics (AS) and an EPQ (and a cheeky BTEC in Banter Studies)
Reply 16
Ok I will give it more thought.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Alright, Seems good.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
That's fine with me.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile