The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Help on accommodation

I am currently in the process of applying for accommodation. What is the difference between self-catered and catered, specifically for Aston, in terms of the cost of having Catered and the amount of money this allows you have spend on food?
Reply 1
Also, what is the difference between lakeside and the other?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Al_10
I am currently in the process of applying for accommodation. What is the difference between self-catered and catered, specifically for Aston, in terms of the cost of having Catered and the amount of money this allows you have spend on food?

Hi there,

Self catered leaves you to buy all of your food from wherever you may choose. If you go with the catered option; £37 a week is placed onto your account, which can be used at any of our food outlets; Tierra Food Court, Dolche Vita or Cafe Libro. Which are open 8am-8pm. However the catered plan does not include out of term weeks during Christmas, Easter and Summer.

The difference between Lakeside and the newer accommodation is simply that it's a slightly older build and about two minutes walk further away from university yet still on campus and all the rooms en suite. You'll be perfectly comfortable there.

If you have any more questions about Aston, or Birmingham as a city in general feel free to get in touch. I'm a 2014 graduate now working for the university and should be able to handle anything you can throw at me. :smile:

Josh
Reply 3
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a common room area within the accommodation, or is the only communal area the kitchen??
Original post by jasss1
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a common room area within the accommodation, or is the only communal area the kitchen??

Each accommodation building has its own common room

Quick Reply

Latest