The Student Room Group

Makes me furious when boys talk to me?!

Before I start, I just want to clarify that I really don't want to feel this way.

So, since my ex and I broke up a few months ago, I really can't stand it when boys talk to me/flirt with me. I feel like they just want to use me for sex or will pretend to be interested in me and drop me after a few months and it makes me feel furious. I've never been the type of girl to hate on people just because of one or two bad experiences with me, but since this breakup I really feel as though all guys just look at me like a piece of meat and nothing more.
A couple weeks back I was out with some friends when a guy started asking my name and that he wanted to chat to me and I just snapped at him. It wasn't even like he said anything bad but in my head I felt as though he was just looking for a way to get into my pants.

Why do I feel this way? How can I stop? Has anyone else felt this way after a breakup? I have some amazing male friends who I know wouldn't use girls, but I can't help but feel as though that's all anyone who talks to me/flirts with me is interested in.
I think, instead of just pushing people away from your life, let them in "slowly". (Obviously do keep away from guys that don't give a damn about respect)
Original post by shawn_o1
I think, instead of just pushing people away from your life, let them in "slowly". (Obviously do keep away from guys that don't give a damn about respect)

Sounds like a logical plan, just feels like it's all people care about these days! Especially in the uni scene :P
Well technically speaking we all are pieces of meat... ote wrong with that! :u:
Most guys our age simply don't want a relationship all they want is sex so I can definitely sympathise with your reaction to the guys since many are the 'hit-it and quit-it' type. I'd stay away from guys a while if I were you though sounds like u haven't gotten over your ex, is there a chance of a make-up?
Original post by Daenerys...
Most guys our age simply don't want a relationship all they want is sex so I can definitely sympathise with your reaction to the guys since many are the 'hit-it and quit-it' type. I'd stay away from guys a while if I were you though sounds like u haven't gotten over your ex, is there a chance of a make-up?

100% no chance of a make-up. He got back in touch with me a few weeks ago asking whether or not a "one time thing" would work, so not really :/
Original post by Zeldaintheflesh
100% no chance of a make-up. He got back in touch with me a few weeks ago asking whether or not a "one time thing" would work, so not really :/

omg. ALL men are pigs. Just swear off them for a while lol I know it has helped me when ever I ended a relationship at least the serious ones.
Original post by Daenerys...
omg. ALL men are pigs. Just swear off them for a while lol I know it has helped me when ever I ended a relationship at least the serious ones.

Yep, so not ready to put myself out there again yet, cba to go through the effort of getting to know someone with the possibility of it turning out exactly the same!
Reply 8
I don't see the problem in finding someone attractive and going for it. What exactly is the problem here?
Original post by Jebedee
I don't see the problem in finding someone attractive and going for it. What exactly is the problem here?

She wants her relationship to last. But no, it ends shortly after intercourse
Original post by shawn_o1
She wants her relationship to last. But no, it ends shortly after intercourse

Girls who complain that guys only use them for sex, often have little else to offer. Just saying.
An earlier post from the OP I remember reading from a few of months ago. It could help her and the other people attempting to give her advice.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3129383

I must say my memory really is remarkable sometimes. :smug:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply