The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Living at home

I'm living at home, got an offer to study English with Exeter, but at their Cornwall Campus. It's literally across the road from me so thought why not. I did it because I didn't want the accommodation loans and fees and my house is fairly liberal so I can come and go (still have to pay keep.) Problem is I'm afraid that I'm going to be totally friendless during Freshers'! I know they say join the socs and that but I don't think a love of Hemingway and Blake is going to get me very far. Anyone got any tips about living at home yet still having a social life?
Original post by BurningRubber
I'm living at home, got an offer to study English with Exeter, but at their Cornwall Campus. It's literally across the road from me so thought why not. I did it because I didn't want the accommodation loans and fees and my house is fairly liberal so I can come and go (still have to pay keep.) Problem is I'm afraid that I'm going to be totally friendless during Freshers'! I know they say join the socs and that but I don't think a love of Hemingway and Blake is going to get me very far. Anyone got any tips about living at home yet still having a social life?

It's very simple.

Be sociable and you'll have a social life.

As long as you're not a hermit who doesn't engage with anybody then you'll be absolutely fine.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending