The Student Room Group

Scared I'll get murdered when I go to uni

I'm really scared that I'll get murdered or abducted. Going to a new city, not knowing anyone, people knowing full well I'm a student who's moved there (due to my accent). It's just really scary. I guess I'll have to force myself to make friends and always hang around in groups and never alone, to be safe. It'll probably be worse in second and subsequent years when I rent out a house/flat. I'll probably most likely be living alone, as I'm not good at forming friendships with people. I can't stand the thought of not being safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just use the American tactic: if in doubt, kill them first.
It's definitely a possibility. But you should take comfort in the fact that it's so unlikely that you don't need to worry or even think about it.
its okay.. we really dont mind.. as long as population control is happening
Reply 4
If you truly were that scared you'd make every effort to make friends. Then you'll have some people to move in with too.
Reply 5
Unlikely, learn to defend yourself, the horrors of the night will not lurk before you if they are but a shadow of yourself
You just have to be alert all the time.
Reply 7
Reply 9
Original post by NutE
I'm really scared that I'll get murdered or abducted. Going to a new city, not knowing anyone, people knowing full well I'm a student who's moved there (due to my accent). It's just really scary. I guess I'll have to force myself to make friends and always hang around in groups and never alone, to be safe. It'll probably be worse in second and subsequent years when I rent out a house/flat. I'll probably most likely be living alone, as I'm not good at forming friendships with people. I can't stand the thought of not being safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which city are you moving to?
Reply 10
Original post by iodo345
Which city are you moving to?

Birmingham or Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by NutE
Birmingham or Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birminghamistan? Non Muslims don't go there, I heard it on Fox news
Reply 12
Original post by Arkasia

lol'd. Damnation, I wish I had some +1 left :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by whorace

Oh are you another typical TSR user who hates Islam? If you wanna talk about that, go elsewhere. I'm not interested in what you've got to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia

Why wait for doubt? If you can see 'em you can gun 'em #Murica
Reply 15
Original post by Gaiaphage
Why wait for doubt? If you can see 'em you can gun 'em #Murica

Don't forget to cover your tracks with "democracy". :wink:
Reply 16
Original post by NutE
Oh are you another typical TSR user who hates Islam? If you wanna talk about that, go elsewhere. I'm not interested in what you've got to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf lol

Obv did not estimate how delicate you were
Reply 17
Original post by whorace

That's not true, there are loads of non-muslims in brum who go where they want Lol
Reply 19
Original post by bassbabe
That's not true, there are loads of non-muslims in brum who go where they want Lol

Omg

Never attempt irony on the Internet

p.s I live in Birmingham lol

Quick Reply

Latest