The Student Room Group

2km erg 13 year old

hi all im 13 68kg i did a 2km on power 3 and i got 7:12.4 is this good and ive been rowing for about 17 months
Reply 1
Original post by ZACH109
hi all im 13 68kg i did a 2km on power 3 and i got 7:12.4 is this good and ive been rowing for about 17 months

It's been a year or two since I quit rowing, but from what I can remember that's good for your age. You'll be looking to gradually get it down below 7 minutes, so long as you equal or improve on every erg test that'll happen over the next year or two.

I always think that erg times aren't the most important thing, what matters is the time you can do it in an actual boat on the water. But then I have a good technique, but next to no strength, so I'm probably just trying to console myself :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Actaeon
It's been a year or two since I quit rowing, but from what I can remember that's good for your age. You'll be looking to gradually get it down below 7 minutes, so long as you equal or improve on every erg test that'll happen over the next year or two.

I always think that erg times aren't the most important thing, what matters is the time you can do it in an actual boat on the water. But then I have a good technique, but next to no strength, so I'm probably just trying to console myself :tongue:

Thanks yeah my technique is getting quite good and i have been improving quite a lot i was just checking but thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest