The Student Room Group

White girls and their hypocrisy over dating

I've noticed that white girls, especially on social media will try to take part in hood/ghetto culture - which is of course predominantly black and non-white in the UK and US - by posting memes and pictures that previously, before the social media explosion, would have only been of interest or relatable to mostly black people and people from the inner city 'dat ass tho' n!gg3s be like' and other memes and stuff from hood films and ghetto fights etc that they can't relate to except online. Remember the ghetto is scary to these girls who have probably been brought up in a comfortable two parent family home in the suburbs.

Here's the thing though, these white girls won't date or go out with anyone who isn't white, yet they want to try to take part and be interested in our culture and how we live. Me and my friends have all tried to move to these white gals and they ignore and clearly don't express any interest beyond friendship.

The only white girls that want non-white men for partners I've noticed are the ones that have grown up the same way, i:e ghetto girls, so why do these geeky white girls post black folks' memes and think they can say 'n!gga' when they don't respect us as anything more than friends? I'm sick of signing into Facebook and seeing some girl who only dates geeks and nerds posting 'n!gga' this and that when you know flat out they would never let a black man or mixed race man near them!

Scroll to see replies

I'm loving the generalising here
Reply 2
I've never met a white girl like the ones you describe
Reply 3
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm loving the generalising here

Generalising? The only white girls that like black guys as anything more than friends are fellow hood girls. Tell me I'm wrong, or show me where a goth girl or a nerd girl for example has wanted a black man, yet they want to post memes and pctures and stuff from our culture like they can relate.
Reply 4
Original post by kiki37
I've never met a white girl like the ones you describe

You mean no white girls on your Instagram and Facebook post 'dat ass tho' and laugh at world star hip hop stuff, and memes from black films like Friday and Paid in Full and think they can say n!gga? wow! you must not know many girls then.
You're generalising but I get what you mean: you mean those people (not only white girls) who like stuff about "homies", the squad, ratchet stuff, hip hop etc
Reply 6
Original post by jedanselemyia
You're generalising but I get what you mean: you mean those people (not only white girls) who like stuff about "homies", the squad, ratchet stuff, hip hop etc

Yes! I don't like the way some of them think they can say 'n!gga' when you look at their background and their previous relationships it's always with 'safe' and familiar white guys. They copy our slang and even fashion, air max trainers, etc

I know not only white girls that like that stuff but it's more relatable to black folks so it doesn't surprise me when a black girl likes it
The same can be argued for the black girls who act as if they were white(instagram and tumblr is full of them :redface:)
Original post by Anonymous
Yes! I don't like the way some of them think they can say 'n!gga' when you look at their background and their previous relationships it's always with 'safe' and familiar white guys. They copy our slang and even fashion, air max trainers, etc

I know not only white girls that like that stuff but it's more relatable to black folks so it doesn't surprise me when a black girl likes it

Yes I understand. I know a white girl who has one of her contacts under the name "Ma N!ggah" and I was like :rolleyes: but I didn't say anything lol. Same thing with middle class boys who think they're ghetto as f but they're not hahaha
I definitely get your frustration tho
Colours don't really have cultures anymore, if they ever had them. You might associate some aspects more with particular subcultures but there's no more a black culture than there is a white culture.

The joy of cultures I suppose, they're all borrowed, copied and pasted from other cultures and some things become universal.
Have never come across a girl like this

I'm white with a black partner and I in no way attempt to imbibe a culture that isn't mine and neither does he. Also that 'ghetto' thing you're talking about isn't limited to non-whites only, also people of colour don't have to be into what stereotypes dictate..

Odd post, and pretty offensive.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why aren't you challenging these people on their use of the N word? I can't abide it, but then I don't know anyone ignorant enough to use it like it's fine.
Original post by AvaAdore
Why aren't you challenging these people on their use of the N word? I can't abide it, but then I don't know anyone ignorant enough to use it like it's fine.

How can I 'challenge' them about anything if they won't even speak to me? That's the issue, these white girls want to act like they can relate to the 'ghetto' and they like to collect black friends on social media so it looks like they have some street cred, yet when it comes to dating and having 'besties' they are only interested in frail white geeky guys because that's familiar and 'safe' for them.

How can a white girl brag about listening to a Biggie song and go on about how much they love it, but when it comes to actually getting involved with someone who fits the criteria the song was talking about, they back away? White girls don't want a 'thug', they are scared of thugs. But when it comes to social media they like to pretend they are comfortable with people from that background.
How can I 'challenge' them about anything if they won't even speak to me? That's the issue, these white girls want to act like they can relate to the 'ghetto' and they like to collect black friends on social media so it looks like they have some street cred, yet when it comes to dating and having 'besties' they are only interested in frail white geeky guys because that's familiar and 'safe' for them.

How can a white girl brag about listening to a Biggie song and go on about how much they love it, but when it comes to actually getting involved with someone who fits the criteria the song was talking about, they back away? White girls don't want a 'thug', they are scared of thugs. But when it comes to social media they like to pretend they are comfortable with people from that background.

Or maybe they just fancy prefer to date people of their own race, like 90% of people on this planet?

Not sure why you think blasting Biggie now and again and not being DTF black guys is a contradiction. What next? ''See loads of white girls eating curry down Brick Lane but none of them are dating Bangledeshi men''
(edited 8 years ago)
I think someone got rejected by a white girl...
Original post by Zürich
Or maybe they just fancy prefer to date people of their own race, like 90% of people on this planet?

Not sure why you think blasting Biggie now and again and not being DTF black guys is a contradiction. What next? ''See loads of white girls eating curry down Brick Lane but none of them are dating Bangledeshi men''

Why would a white girl from a suburban background want to blast Biggie or Chief Keef or Bobby Shmurda. What could they possibly relate to or have in common with the song or the rapper? Shouldn't they be listening to Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet for My Valentine?

White girls who actually grew up around that stuff don't have any problems dating black guys because it's normal to them to date interracially. I think those white girls on Facebook talking about 'n!ggas be like' 'Jamaicans be like' probably still see it as taboo to date a non-white, yet they want to involve themselves in our 'swag' our music, our slang, etc
Why would a white girl from a suburban background want to blast Biggie or Chief Keef or Bobby Shmurda. What could they possibly relate to or have in common with the song or the rapper? Shouldn't they be listening to Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet for My Valentine?

White girls who actually grew up around that stuff don't have any problems dating black guys because it's normal to them to date interracially. I think those white girls on Facebook talking about 'n!ggas be like' 'Jamaicans be like' probably still see it as taboo to date a non-white, yet they want to involve themselves in our 'swag' our music, our slang, etc

I've never been involved in armed robbery but i still think Gimmie da Loot is a great song. I've never sold girls into prostitution but Baby I got your money makes me dance uncontrollably. Most, if not all of my black friends grew up with decent lives and still listen to genuine hood rat songs. Growing up on a council estate doesn't make you ghetto. If it did I would be Tupac v2.0.

This may annoy you, but i do think you're generalising. People have consistently found you an unsuitable partner and you're scorned. All guys get you on this. When I asked out a black girl at this club she laughed at the "little white boy tryna get wit me". I took her for the racist peice of **** she was and didn't say all black girls are like her. Regardless of the fact she had come to a club having a Beatles night (a white band), I simply accepted she wasn't into me.

TL;DR advice? Bitches aint **** but hoes and tricks

Maybe they just like the music? You can listen to Mozart without relating to 18th century Vienna as well btw.
This threads needs an award, it's very perculior and intriguing. 9/10 OP, well done.

That being said, these people sound weird and i can't say even as a white guy that i'd want to date a girl who sounds 'gangsta'. Indeed, as somebody who has lived in the British 'hood', i look down on gansta types.

As for the music point, you don't need to relate to an artist to like the music. I don't like marina and diamonds because i relate to her, i like her because she sounds good and is hot.
(edited 8 years ago)
I know PLENTY of white girls who prefer black guys and don't partake in 'hood culture' or say the n word.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending