The Student Room Group

Gcse of mice and men ca help

Explore some of the ways in which Steinbeck makes the character reactions to the dream of "living off the fatta the land" so revealing. This is my Controlled assessment title, for when we get back from half term. I urgently need help as I'm in disarray. Any help at all would be awesome.

Thanks,

Patrick
Original post by pledge42
Explore some of the ways in which Steinbeck makes the character reactions to the dream of "living off the fatta the land" so revealing. This is my Controlled assessment title, for when we get back from half term. I urgently need help as I'm in disarray. Any help at all would be awesome.

Thanks,

Patrick

Hey, you could probably talk about how Lennie constantly asks George to narrate the dream to him which makes him feel very pleasant thus revealing his feelings and reaction about it. You could also talk about how Candy was instantaneously willing to give in all his savings because the dream appeared to be the only hope for him to have an independent happy future, thus presenting his reaction and also hoe that feeling of hope lead to him becoming courageous and bold towards Curley's wife when they were all in Crook's room.
Reply 2
Original post by Drasti Kakkad
Hey, you could probably talk about how Lennie constantly asks George to narrate the dream to him which makes him feel very pleasant thus revealing his feelings and reaction about it. You could also talk about how Candy was instantaneously willing to give in all his savings because the dream appeared to be the only hope for him to have an independent happy future, thus presenting his reaction and also hoe that feeling of hope lead to him becoming courageous and bold towards Curley's wife when they were all in Crook's room.

Thanks very much. How do you think I could talk about George and Curley's Wife? Is it ithe fact that the dream dies with lennie?
Original post by pledge42
Thanks very much. How do you think I could talk about George and Curley's Wife? Is it ithe fact that the dream dies with lennie?

Maybe you could talk about Georges disbelief in the dream at the start which then turns into something real as the story progresses and candy agrees to chip in. However at the end George instantly loses his belief in the dream when Lennie kills curleys wife, shattering the hope candy used to have of a better life.

Curleys wife expresses the futility of the dream, she is the only character that is not won away by this prospect of a better future. She narrates she's seen plenty guys come to the ranch before with the same vision of owning a bit of land but have never accomplished it. But she has her own dream, of becoming a Hollywood star that is squashed soon after she confused in Lennie.

Not sure you could talk about curleys wife's dream, your essay title is quite precise. Anyway, good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest