The Student Room Group

The guy I like blocked me on Facebook

Basically, I'm into this guy. He knows I'm into him. Nothing's happened between us but my friends think he could be into me (for a number of reasons that aren't really relevant right now). We talk on Facebook relatively often and he's always friendly and chatty etc etc. However, we don't talk in real life mainly because I'm not as popular as him so approaching him in school would be social suicide. My school is incredibly cliquey, as you can see. His friends don't know we talk mainly because he'd probably get a lot of **** for talking to somebody from a lower social status.
Anyways, last night I messaged him whilst he was at a party. He didn't respond for a while so I tried to send a follow up message a couple of hours later but Facebook told me that I didn't have permission to send it. Basically, he blocked me (I tried searching for him in my friends list and he didn't show up- confirmation).
Now what I'm left wondering is why he blocked me? Was it because I sent him a message when his friends were around- maybe they saw it and he had to make up some bull**** excuse like 'oh yeah, she's always messaging me, she's so weird, she's basically obsessed with me', leading to him blocking me? Something like that? Because I genuinely don't understand why he would block me otherwise.
I'm trying not to care so much because my school is ****ing ridiculous with all its social rules and **** but it really does suck. The only consolation I have is that I'm off to uni in October so I don't really have to be around them for much longer, just until the end of June when I finish exams.
So yeah, if anybody would be willing to help me understand, that would be great. We both live up north and us northerners are supposed to be friendly, right? :lol: that's part of why I'm slightly confused.

Thank you!
:h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anybody? :smile:
I'm in a similar situation OP :smile:
Honestly, he sounds like a nasty piece of work. Forget about him and move on :smile:
I would also move on, stuff like that is never a good sign I'm afraid =\ there will be plenty of people you can move on with when you get to uni, so it's nothing to worry about really
(edited 8 years ago)
Blocking someone on Facebook generally means you don't want anything to do with them

I got blocked by my ex soon after the break up ... I didn't realise I had no chance with her for months, and I really regret not just moving on. And then I blocked this girl I had fallen head over heals for because I wanted to move on and I didn't want her in my life anymore. It hurt like hell to block her out of my life, but I now know it was a good decision.

It's a long process, and it definitely will hurt from a few months, but you have to just realise that there is no chance with this guy and move on with your life/

It's harsh, I know, but it's the truth. I hope you make the same decision I made.
Reply 5
Original post by Redmark
I would also move on, stuff like that is never a good sign I'm afraid =\ there will be plenty of people you can move on with when you get to uni, so it's nothing to worry about really

Yeah, you're right :frown: I guess I can only continue making up scenarios to explain his actions for so long. Best to just get on with my life.

Original post by Shruti12
Don't dwell on this… just ignore it :smile: If it is really bothering you, there's nothing wrong to confront him in person but it's best to just move on.
Good luck on your exams x

I wish I could confront him but doing so would probably get me stabbed :lol:
Thank you :h:

Original post by VotreAltesse
Blocking someone on Facebook generally means you don't want anything to do with them

I got blocked by my ex soon after the break up ... I didn't realise I had no chance with her for months, and I really regret not just moving on. And then I blocked this girl I had fallen head over heals for because I wanted to move on and I didn't want her in my life anymore. It hurt like hell to block her out of my life, but I now know it was a good decision.

It's a long process, and it definitely will hurt from a few months, but you have to just realise that there is no chance with this guy and move on with your life/

It's harsh, I know, but it's the truth. I hope you make the same decision I made.

Yeah, the truth sucks. I've been trying to pretend that it was an accident or something but you're right, he clearly wants nothing to do with me :frown:
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds awful :frown: How did you move on? Need a bit of help xD
It's happened to me before with somebody I've been with an awful long time, instead of trying to argue it, it really is just best to get your exams done and go to uni. A lot of really great opportunities will open up :smile: so don't worry it! Best way to move on is to just forget about it, takes a while but it'll eventually never be on your mind ^^
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by thechemistress
Honestly, he sounds like a nasty piece of work

How on earth did you manage to jump to this conclusion? OP has gone off on her own trail of thought about possible reasons for the block, none of them confirmed.
Original post by Anonymous

Yeah, the truth sucks. I've been trying to pretend that it was an accident or something but you're right, he clearly wants nothing to do with me :frown:
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it sounds awful :frown: How did you move on? Need a bit of help xD

You just do really. Having no contact with the person is the first step and it helps a lot.

The more time passes, the less you'll think about them, and then one day you'll be indifferent.
If he cares THAT much about how he looks and how popular he is, then he sounds like a really sad person and isn't worth it. There is no point in pursuing him because he does sound like a nonce. And it sounds like the how relationship is based online, which is never a good thing, and if you never talk in person then it will never work anyway, and as you said - that's quite difficult due to the weird school you go to.. - seriously you said you're going to uni next year meaning you must be in sixth form.. I thought all this 'I'm cool, I'm popular' bull**** ended in year 10... :frown:
I feel bad for ya brah - just don't bother with him, he's clearly a suck up to his friends
Original post by Reue
How on earth did you manage to jump to this conclusion? OP has gone off on her own trail of thought about possible reasons for the block, none of them confirmed.

No, I was referring to the fact that he refuses to acknowledge her outside of facebook due to her social status. It just seems a bit iffy to me.
You're right though, perhaps my view is slightly coloured by my own situation which was quite similar.
Original post by Heffalump .
If he cares THAT much about how he looks and how popular he is, then he sounds like a really sad person and isn't worth it. There is no point in pursuing him because he does sound like a nonce. And it sounds like the how relationship is based online, which is never a good thing, and if you never talk in person then it will never work anyway, and as you said - that's quite difficult due to the weird school you go to.. - seriously you said you're going to uni next year meaning you must be in sixth form.. I thought all this 'I'm cool, I'm popular' bull**** ended in year 10... :frown:
I feel bad for ya brah - just don't bother with him, he's clearly a suck up to his friends

Good advice, but the word "brah" makes me cringe soooooo much.
Go up to him in school and ask him?

Social status is bs :P If you want to go out with each other then just talk to each other in real life, find out why he blocked you, and go from there.
If he values his social status over someone who likes him and who he likes then he really doesn't sound that great. You'd just be a trophy to him.

Your idea of they saw your message and he disowned knowing you sounds plausible, but do you want to know someone whos like that?

Personally i'd say block him, so you know he wont un-block you and start talking to you again in a few months when your over it. That will just mess with your head if he does that.
if he's blocked you he doesn't seem interested or he finds you annoying.. just get over him yo... there's millions of boys out there worth your time.

I don't understand why you are so not confident! You like him, approach him, who gives a **** about social status! Be a woman and don't fear rejection.

You talk to him over the phone but not in real life... yeah many people do that but that is already a negative impression because you want to seem like the strong one but by doing that he already knows you like him and he doesn't give a damn about losing you as a friend.

You want the real truth.. walk up to him and tell him how you feel.. dont care about what people think about you. There used to be a time when i was scared like you but now i'm 100 times more confident and i don't care what people think about me. They aren't feeding me.. they can judge me behind my back let them..
Original post by VotreAltesse
Good advice, but the word "brah" makes me cringe soooooo much.

hahah I don't use the word brah seriously, I hate that word too, I use it in a jokey way:')
Original post by votrealtesse
good advice, but the word "brah" makes me cringe soooooo much.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
bbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please stop ..... PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEE :frown: I'm cringing in my pants here!! :cry2:
Original post by Heffalump .

Same here, imagine my shock when I joined this school for sixth form and discovered that it was still a thing :lol:
Thanks for the advice though, you're right. Anybody who takes social status so seriously is quite pathetic. Now to move on, which is really difficult. We've been talking online for about 6 months now, so its hard to move on from something that was such a regularity in my life :/

Original post by Duskstar
Go up to him in school and ask him?

Social status is bs :P If you want to go out with each other then just talk to each other in real life, find out why he blocked you, and go from there.

But what if he genuinely doesn't want anything to do with me? What if it wasn't a mistake, what if it was completely intentional? :frown:

Original post by Anonymous
If he values his social status over someone who likes him and who he likes then he really doesn't sound that great. You'd just be a trophy to him.

Your idea of they saw your message and he disowned knowing you sounds plausible, but do you want to know someone whos like that?

Personally i'd say block him, so you know he wont un-block you and start talking to you again in a few months when your over it. That will just mess with your head if he does that.

That's a good idea actually, I really don't want to go through this all over again so blocking him would be a way of ending it for good I guess. Thank you :biggrin:

Original post by Ripper Phoenix
if he's blocked you he doesn't seem interested or he finds you annoying.. just get over him yo... there's millions of boys out there worth your time.

I don't understand why you are so not confident! You like him, approach him, who gives a **** about social status! Be a woman and don't fear rejection.

You talk to him over the phone but not in real life... yeah many people do that but that is already a negative impression because you want to seem like the strong one but by doing that he already knows you like him and he doesn't give a damn about losing you as a friend.

You want the real truth.. walk up to him and tell him how you feel.. dont care about what people think about you. There used to be a time when i was scared like you but now i'm 100 times more confident and i don't care what people think about me. They aren't feeding me.. they can judge me behind my back let them..

I wish I could be as confident as you and give no ****s, but the reality is that my school is quite an oppressive environment. People **** all over you if you step out of line. I've seen it happen to somebody before and it was awful.

I'm just such a coward :frown:
You need to be confident in relationships, school is a completely different environment to uni so chances are you wont have the same situation repeated. But just be confident and actually stand up for yourself in a relationship instead of thinking you're beneath him, because you aren't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending