The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 2 Biology Exam 1 June 2015

I couldn't find one so I thought I'd make my own thread.

Anyone got any ideas on what the 6 marker is going to be on?

Date - Full UMS - A - B - C - D - E
June 2014 - 68 - 56 - 50 - 44 - 39 - 34
June 2013 - 72 - 60 - 54 - 48 - 42 - 37
Jan 2013 - 70 - 60 - 55 - 50 - 45 - 45
June 2012 - 75 - 63 - 57 - 51 - 46 - 41
Jan 2012 - 72 - 62 - 57 - 52 - 48 - 44
June 2011 - 73 - 61 - 55 - 50 - 45 - 40
Jan 2011 - 64 - 54 - 49 - 44 - 39 - 34
June 2010 - 73 - 59 - 52 - 45 - 39 - 33
Jan 2010 - 64 - 52 - 46 - 41 - 36 - 31
June 2009 - 67 - 55 - 49 - 43 - 37 - 31
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DNA Hybridisation usually? But AQA's papers have been weird this year, so who knows.:cookie:
Reply 2
Original post by NainaK98
DNA Hybridisation usually? But AQA's papers have been weird this year, so who knows.:cookie:

Yeah, everyone is saying they found the unit 1 paper really difficult though and I found it pretty nice... the same with PHYA1 on Tuesday, it was a really nice paper. I'm hoping Unit 2 for both physics and bio are going to be nice, because there's a high chance I've screwed up my geography and at least one of my maths exams
Reply 3
Original post by LucieTeresa
Yeah, everyone is saying they found the unit 1 paper really difficult though and I found it pretty nice... the same with PHYA1 on Tuesday, it was a really nice paper. I'm hoping Unit 2 for both physics and bio are going to be nice, because there's a high chance I've screwed up my geography and at least one of my maths exams

I think a lot of people felt that Bio Unit 1 had a disproportionate amount of data handling to knowledge. I felt the same, I mean there were so many suggest how questions! Do you do Edexcel Maths? Because I know mine went horrifically haha
Reply 4

I think a lot of people felt that Bio Unit 1 had a disproportionate amount of data handling to knowledge. I felt the same, I mean there were so many suggest how questions! Do you do Edexcel Maths? Because I know mine went horrifically haha
Reply 5

OCR, the papers with OCR have been really horrible this year! I think I got like 50/72 maximum on my core 2!
Reply 6
OCR, the papers with OCR have been really horrible this year! I think I got like 50/72 maximum on my core 2!
i've never liked OCR haha!
Oh my gosh, Edexcel Maths has been horrible this year! And i feel in general 2015 has been a rubbish year like i said before
Reply 7
i've never liked OCR haha!
Oh my gosh, Edexcel Maths has been horrible this year! And i feel in general 2015 has been a rubbish year like i said before

I'm really hoping unit 2 is going to be nice and not too much on fricking plants is going to come up, I hate plants so much!!

Could be anything. Expecting the worst after unit 1
Reply 9

I've yet to see one on courtship behaviour and variation.
Reply 10
got to do some past papersssssss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by as421
got to do some past papersssssss

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm focussing on the easier ones with the higher grade boundaries and if I don't get an A I'm going to end up going over the entire unit again D:
Reply 12
Unit two is known for having ridiculously low boundaries for full UMS, does anyone know why? I usually get full UMS in the past papers and I'm not even that good at Biology
Hi guys I'm learning biology from home with no teacher- I've got to have done it for the dental course I want to do! Any of you with teachers- do they reckon it's going to be much like unit 1? (Hideous) or a bit more like the past papers?! X
Original post by charlotteharms
Hi guys I'm learning biology from home with no teacher- I've got to have done it for the dental course I want to do! Any of you with teachers- do they reckon it's going to be much like unit 1? (Hideous) or a bit more like the past papers?! X

I sadly haven't been able to speak to my bio teachers since my unit 1 exam because they've been too preoccupied with year 11 exams :/ but I'm just preparing myself for anything. I suggest instead of just going over past papers, you look for some application questions and keep doing them just incase it's another How Science Works paper :smile:
I sadly haven't been able to speak to my bio teachers since my unit 1 exam because they've been too preoccupied with year 11 exams :/ but I'm just preparing myself for anything. I suggest instead of just going over past papers, you look for some application questions and keep doing them just incase it's another How Science Works paper :smile:

Oh ok thank you! Where do you find application questions/ HSW questions? I've only got the textbook and the revision guide book xx
Original post by charlotteharms
Oh ok thank you! Where do you find application questions/ HSW questions? I've only got the textbook and the revision guide book xx

Which textbook is it? I have the Nelson Thornes AQA Approved one.
Which textbook is it? I have the Nelson Thornes AQA Approved one.

Yep I have the same 👍 xx
Reply 18
I felt unit 1 went well but I'm struggling to remember the unit 2 stuff. Just done a past paper and got a solid C, but I could really do with a higher grade than that because I want to do biology at uni and I need at least a C in Biology over all
Original post by Abzz789
I felt unit 1 went well but I'm struggling to remember the unit 2 stuff. Just done a past paper and got a solid C, but I could really do with a higher grade than that because I want to do biology at uni and I need at least a C in Biology over all

I'm exactly the same, I used to be much better on unit 2 though and now I feel like it's going to be unit 2 that pulls me down because I'm not getting much higher than a C... it's the whole plant thing that's my issue I think

Quick Reply

Latest