The Student Room Group

Wjec gcse history-

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by h8skoooooool
It was more about the rise to power, it was just the line at the top that mentioned consolidation of power because that was the section of the spec it covered.

The other reasons could have been:
~Hitler's role - oratory skills
~Use of SA
~Propaganda
~Ineffective constitution
~Fear of communism
~Financed by companies who wanted the end of trade unions
~Party promises, like ending unemployment
~Political scheming - Bruning, von Papen, von Schleicher

Thats what I though also but I could have sworn it said something in italics underneath the Q itself about consolidating power. Oh well - I mentioned the majority of the above also to be sure; just hope I won't get penalised too heavily; when i summed up with a judgment I said that the enabling act was the most important reason as so how the Nazi's came to power.
Original post by h8skoooooool
Yeah I find that a lot of their questions are like that though, and this is a new spec so they are allowed to be lazy and re-use old questions (and that was definitely a very lazily-written exam, most of the the questions I'd seen in other papers).

But I have high hopes for an A* too :biggrin: the grade boundaries for that have never gone higher that 44 in the past for Unit 1, though for Germany they are usually about 41 - which is pretty good

In total agreement with you, I had seen all the sources before pretty much and the essay questions I had done before, yes hoping for maybe about the 42/43 mark because after talking to d/c students they found the paper quite accessible thus higher boundaries
Reply 22
can anyone please tell me what came up in the Russia in transition exam and USA 1930-2000 exam
Original post by espicton98
I swear there are only a handful of schools that sit wjec history! I'm doing Germany in transisition, Russia in transition and USA 1920-2000

im doing all of those! what did you get and how did you revise? aiming for an A/A*
Original post by ameenatariq
im doing all of those! what did you get and how did you revise? aiming for an A/A*

I got an A* overall and only dropped a few marks in each unit ! I couldn't recommend past papers more! do every single question, when you've done that make your own so there isn't a single possible thing that the examiner could throw at you that you couldn't answer. I supported this with flash cards for dates, events, names etc... but this can be done in other forms. Also I would suggest writing and learning a 'perfect answer' for the 15 marker on the US paper because it is the exact same 3 questions every year, just worded slightly differently! so choose which one you want to do and write a perfect full mark answer, and learn it!!!
I got an A* overall and only dropped a few marks in each unit ! I couldn't recommend past papers more! do every single question, when you've done that make your own so there isn't a single possible thing that the examiner could throw at you that you couldn't answer. I supported this with flash cards for dates, events, names etc... but this can be done in other forms. Also I would suggest writing and learning a 'perfect answer' for the 15 marker on the US paper because it is the exact same 3 questions every year, just worded slightly differently! so choose which one you want to do and write a perfect full mark answer, and learn it!!!

okay thank you so much! and how long did it take for you to learn everything? and what question comes up over and over again for the 15 marker?
okay thank you so much! and how long did it take for you to learn everything? and what question comes up over and over again for the 15 marker?

for history I started revising February half term fairly intensely, then reduced it whilst I was still at school, then again did a lot over Easter holidays and finally the May holidays as WJEC are usually the last exams? ( I only had English, maths and history after May half term) so that whole week I really really focused on history !!! and from the top of my head it is something along the lines of 'how far has the lives of black Americans changed since ( whatever year I think 1920? to 2000' or ' how far has American foreign policy changed from 1920 to 2000' but you will need to check the past papers!
for history I started revising February half term fairly intensely, then reduced it whilst I was still at school, then again did a lot over Easter holidays and finally the May holidays as WJEC are usually the last exams? ( I only had English, maths and history after May half term) so that whole week I really really focused on history !!! and from the top of my head it is something along the lines of 'how far has the lives of black Americans changed since ( whatever year I think 1920? to 2000' or ' how far has American foreign policy changed from 1920 to 2000' but you will need to check the past papers!

oh okay thank you! how many marks did you get in your coursework? and roughly how long did you revise everyday?
oh okay thank you! how many marks did you get in your coursework? and roughly how long did you revise everyday?

I think I dropped 5 marks altogether over part a and b? is it out of 50? because 45 is sounding familiar. And for weekdays maybe like 2/1 hours for history, in the half term could be anything between 3-9 hours, depending on how much time I needed for other subjects etc... at weekend approaching the exams I also spent about that much time as well:smile:
I think I dropped 5 marks altogether over part a and b? is it out of 50? because 45 is sounding familiar. And for weekdays maybe like 2/1 hours for history, in the half term could be anything between 3-9 hours, depending on how much time I needed for other subjects etc... at weekend approaching the exams I also spent about that much time as well:smile:

Yeah it was out of 50! Oh okay I've nearly finished USA after the holidays in starting Russia! I really want an A* bit for my mock I got an A :frown:
Yeah it was out of 50! Oh okay I've nearly finished USA after the holidays in starting Russia! I really want an A* bit for my mock I got an A :frown:

I wouldn't get too downhearted, for the whole of year 11 I was always just a few marks off the a* , looking back I was probably working at it but my teacher knew if I thought I had an a* in the bag I wouldn't take the exam seriously. So you may actually be being under marked to ensure you keep pushing!!!!
I wouldn't get too downhearted, for the whole of year 11 I was always just a few marks off the a* , looking back I was probably working at it but my teacher knew if I thought I had an a* in the bag I wouldn't take the exam seriously. So you may actually be being under marked to ensure you keep pushing!!!!

maybe, but i would be happy with an A as well i guess lol!
Reply 32
I'm doing WJEC History;

- Germany in transition c.1919-1947
- Development in sport, leisure and tourism in Wales and England
- Crime and Punishment 1750-Present Day

It's so interesting and our teachers are so good that we barely have to revise! My teacher is the woman who predicts exactly what will come up in the exam for the whole of Powys; last year she got every single question right and she even correctly predicted the exact pictures and sources they would use hahaha😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending