The Student Room Group

Medicine students please reply!!!

What are your GCSE and A LEVEL grades. I just want to get an idea of what kin d of grades I need in order to study medicine.
A level grades minimum AAA
GCSE- depends on the medical school, some rank by gcse results and some just say they want 6 Cs including english maths and an A in science
Hope this helps
Original post by chocolatelover99
What are your GCSE and A LEVEL grades. I just want to get an idea of what kin d of grades I need in order to study medicine.

GCSE: 1 A*, 8 As, 2 Bs
AS: AAAA
A2 (predictions): A*A*A*A* + A* EPQ

Medical schools applied to: Barts, Manchester, Keele, St George.
Received all 4 interviews invites.
Offers from barts and manchester. Withdrew from other two pre-interview

My tip: apply to your strengths. My GCSEs were weak compared to most candidates. So I applied to med schools that dont heavily factor them in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, my predicted GCSE grades are 3A* 6A 1b
Do you think they are good enough in order to achieve good grades in a levels and study medicine
Hi, my predicted GCSE grades are 3A* 6A 1b
Do you think they are good enough in order to achieve good grades in a levels and study medicine

Yep, go for it!
Hey,
I'm not a med student but my sister is

She had 12 A* and 3 A, had 4 A at AS and 3 A at a level with Chemistry, Maths, and Geography...she got one offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
GCSE: 5A*, 3A* equiv (BTEC), 5A
AS: ABBBB
predicted A2: A*AA

I got three interviews, and two offers from those:smile: (Keele and HYMS)
as mentioned above, you must get AAA at A2, but the other grades are more flexible- just try your best and aim for A's
Reply 7

I'm starting in September, but I'll post anyway: 8 A*s, 2 As at GCSE, A*AAA in A-level + A in EPQ.

But the thing is, GCSE grades among med students vary quite a bit. This thread might help you; just have a look: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=568666
It gives you an idea on what kind of work experience you need to do and what extras some applicants had to offer as well.

Quick Reply

Latest