The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 3 Spanish A2 (10th June)

Scroll to see replies

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for this paper? I need a B overall to get into Uni, and the grade boundaries could literally make or break my chances
They'll make/break mine (and probably all of ours!) too - I don't think any of us know but try not to think about the end result now, what's gone is gone so just focus on any remaining exams - good luck x
Reply 582
Original post by tashacogings
What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for this paper? I need a B overall to get into Uni, and the grade boundaries could literally make or break my chances

Being fluent in Spanish and having done the exam and now looked at the model answers I can see even I slipped up in a few places and that this year A2s have been mean son of a ****es to us students but in reality since this exam has been so tough I can see the grade boundaries being quite low this year, having done the previous past papers this is the hardest paper yet. :smile:

Just to clarify so far I have:

AS Oral : A
AS Paper : A
A2 Oral : A
A2 Paper: ?

So im thinking even If I get a B (which could happen) I will still be getting the A I need overall :smile:
Original post by SamiZD
Being fluent in Spanish and having done the exam and now looked at the model answers I can see even I slipped up in a few places and that this year A2s have been mean son of a ****es to us students but in reality since this exam has been so tough I can see the grade boundaries being quite low this year, having done the previous past papers this is the hardest paper yet. :smile:

Just to clarify so far I have:

AS Oral : A
AS Paper : A
A2 Oral : A
A2 Paper: ?

So im thinking even If I get a B (which could happen) I will still be getting the A I need overall :smile:

Really? That's made me feel a lot better! I hope you manage to get the A! :smile:
If the grade boundaries are low this year I should, hopefully, be okay for a B - trying to not to think about it too much but the paper was so hard!
Reply 584
Can anyone remember either/both of the film questions please??
Original post by RoseL1

I did the film one about whether the director has their own style or not :smile: I can't remember the other one sorry!
Original post by RoseL1

The other one was to what extent do you admire the director and why.
i wrote 11 pages for my essay - i did the "admirable" question for the film on el laberinto del fauno xx ...had to ask for extra paper!
Does anyone remember the author questions? :smile:
Reply 589
What were the author and region questions? Thanks in advance
If anyone would like to revise some of the vocabulary from El Laberinto del Fauno I'm adding flashcard sets weekly to this page http://learnenglishspanishonline.com/spanish/flashcards-for-pans-labyrinth-el-laberinto-del-fauno/ - there are also heaps of other free Spanish resources on my site that anyone is welcome to make use of. All the best!
If anyone would like to revise some of the vocabulary from El Laberinto del Fauno I'm adding flashcard sets weekly to this page http://learnenglishspanishonline.com...nto-del-fauno/ - there are also heaps of other free Spanish resources on my site, including listening resources that anyone is welcome to make use of. All the best!
Original post by tewas
it required a lot more thinking than previous papers, eg last years one and there was a lot of difficult phrases etc but the translations were so much harder than they have ever been, like "etarra!" nobody has heard of that.
i did the essay on a dramatist and it was universal themes like women etc so hopefully it was okay - sadly, very rushed however!
you?
Sorry for late reply! Yeah, seem a lot harder than any of the past papers :frown: After looking at the responses of others, I feel better...I have never been good at Spanish essays, just something I haven't been able to grasp, probs due to lack of preperation tbf, but yeah, nothing I can do now! We'll see in August lool. Good luck!
Does anyone have access to the June 2015 paper or remember the types of essay questions that came up? :smile:
Where did you fins those 100 translation online? Can't seem to find any ! Also, hope you got a good grade last year in the end X
Hi everybody. I've just done AS Spanish. Does anybody know whether I would be able to self teach Spanish at A2? Or is it too hard to do alone?
Reply 596
I'm doing La guerra civil de Espana and Catalunya. I'm literally so scared... Any advice on how to revise for the essays?...
Original post by stripedbox
Hi everybody. I've just done AS Spanish. Does anybody know whether I would be able to self teach Spanish at A2? Or is it too hard to do alone?

I definitely think you can self teach, keep on track with the vocabulary of each topic and do good ,in depth research about your cultural topics.
I also self taught spanish A2 this year, my exam is on monday.
Reply 598
How did everyone find the AQA A2 Unit 3 Spanish paper today?
Original post by Shoosy
How did everyone find the AQA A2 Unit 3 Spanish paper today?
bl I honestly found it quite tricky especially the translation as well as filling the text with right convenient words. I am happy with the essay though. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending