The Student Room Group

AQA Unit 3 Spanish A2 (10th June)

Hello! I am just wondering does anyone have any techniques for getting better at the translation aspect of the Unit 3 exam as its worth a total of 20 marks in the exam and it means the difference between me getting a A or A* overall.

Tips would be greatly appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How are you revising for the rest of the paper? I find the essay the hardest part :bricks:
Reply 2
I need to start revising for this! My other subjects are taking up way too much of my time.
Reply 3
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
I need to start revising for this! My other subjects are taking up way too much of my time.

Same here. I have a chemistry exam on the same day :frown:
Does anyone feel as if they are leaving their A level spanish grade to luck, like as in i've carried spanish onto A2, i hope i get an A... I'm only saying this because i'm the only person doing A level Spanish in my sixth form, and have been self-teaching
Original post by rkhan34
How are you revising for the rest of the paper? I find the essay the hardest part :bricks:

same here. i think for the essay its important to know as much facts/detail as possible on the topic you've chosen, be that a play, book, region of Spain, because you cannot get a mark higher for the other categories than you got for your content category- which is out of 25- by the way. hope that makes sense.
Reply 6
Original post by vintage456
same here. i think for the essay its important to know as much facts/detail as possible on the topic you've chosen, be that a play, book, region of Spain, because you cannot get a mark higher for the other categories than you got for your content category- which is out of 25- by the way. hope that makes sense.

As i've been self teaching aswell i find it difficult to understand how mark scheme for for the essay works. Im doing a play (el laberinto del fauno) and there is not much information you can remember for it.
Reply 7
Original post by rkhan34
Same here. I have a chemistry exam on the same day :frown:

Omg good luck! I have exams on the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th. The pressure's onnnn!
I am the only one doing spanish at a2 too but luckily I have teachers. As I've exhausted every past paper there is does anyone have any tips for revision? As for the translations i found a list of 100 sentences to translate online. I also find it useful to translate Spanish articles from el país or El mundo. Anyone else nervous as hell about the essay? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the essay part how can i include a wider range of structures?
does anybody have the mark scheme or listening file for the June 2010 paper please?
I don't have the exact mark scheme but I've done the paper and for the ones I got wrong my teacher wrote the correct answers. If that would help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by kate_maria
I am the only one doing spanish at a2 too but luckily I have teachers. As I've exhausted every past paper there is does anyone have any tips for revision? As for the translations i found a list of 100 sentences to translate online. I also find it useful to translate Spanish articles from el país or El mundo. Anyone else nervous as hell about the essay? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

where did you find the 100 sentences from? :smile:
Original post by rkhan34
where did you find the 100 sentences from? :smile:

I got them from a website called TES. I'm a member. It's all free. I found them really useful :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kate_maria
I don't have the exact mark scheme but I've done the paper and for the ones I got wrong my teacher wrote the correct answers. If that would help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it would but i need it for the translations if thats ok?
Is anyone doing the essay on a film? :smile:
Original post by annaelizabet
Is anyone doing the essay on a film? :smile:

yeah 'Volver' by Pedro Almodovar, you?
Original post by lauren3105
yeah 'Volver' by Pedro Almodovar, you?

"El Laberinto Del Fauno", does your teacher have any predicitions about what is likely to come up?
Reply 18
Hey guys nice to see this thread growing! Im doing "Volver" as my topic and my spanish teacher was kind enough to create a revision guide of some amazing moments worth describing in detail.

As for the wide range of structures it means tenses such as Preterate (however you spell it) and all the others if yo use a range of those you will get the 5 marks up for grabs on Range of Structures.

If anyone has any questions im willing to anwser but im not sure how to quote as im a TSR n00b :smile:
Original post by annaelizabet
"El Laberinto Del Fauno", does your teacher have any predicitions about what is likely to come up?

No she hasn't said anything but i've done all the essays from past papers and they all tend to be about the best aspects of the film and why i like it, so hopefully something like that will come up, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending