The Student Room Group

i dont have enough time help!

hi guys!, my biology exam is in 9 days and i have made my notes but i have tried exam papers and i don't do so well. i am really stressed for my exam what could i do to get my target grade which is an A. i also need to revise for chemistry and biology which a week after my biology exam. Help!!
4 days. genetics uni final, only have lecture notes. some of the past questions are on something that's only 1 or 2 slides. yeah...
Original post by mine turtle
4 days. genetics uni final, only have lecture notes. some of the past questions are on something that's only 1 or 2 slides. yeah...

You're at uni doing bio?
If you know the content, then do as many past papers as you can and see where you are going wrong.
Most past papers follow a kind of pattern of questions. Try to form a system to help you work out what each question requires and then target your revision. Good luck!
Original post by bakedbeans247
You're at uni doing bio?

Biomedical Science

If you know the content, then do as many past papers as you can and see where you are going wrong.

There are no past paper answers so I wouldn't know where I'm going wrong

Original post by coverttrekkie
Most past papers follow a kind of pattern of questions. Try to form a system to help you work out what each question requires and then target your revision. Good luck!

I am doing something along these lines
Original post by Ravinder-99
hi guys!, my biology exam is in 9 days and i have made my notes but i have tried exam papers and i don't do so well. i am really stressed for my exam what could i do to get my target grade which is an A. i also need to revise for chemistry and biology which a week after my biology exam. Help!!

I'm in a similar situation, except I haven't read, let alone revised, Topics 2, 4 or 5 for Biology at all (I assume you're doing A-Level).

Just do past-papers, if you don't understand something look it up or better ask your teacher.

Reading or making notes isn't very effective, especially when you have a few days left to revise.
Biomedical Science

Ah nice, what uni? Also what grades did you get (that allowed you to get that offer to study biomed)? I was thinking about that degree a little bit, what are your plans after graduating?
Ah nice, what uni? Also what grades did you get (that allowed you to get that offer to study biomed)? I was thinking about that degree a little bit, what are your plans after graduating?

Essex University
ABC
It's kind of a hard one to explain that has a fairly small chance of succeeding, but if it does, it would be amazing
Essex University
ABC
It's kind of a hard one to explain that has a fairly small chance of succeeding, but if it does, it would be amazing

Oh cool, what grades did they req? Also are you in your first yr?

Ahh ok, well gd luck with that :smile:

I hear a lot of people take biomed and then do medicine, is this true? Seeing that you're actually doing the degree, what kind of jobs can you even apply for? One more question lol sorry, is someone who does biomed qualified enough to teach biology or chemistry at a level? Or do you have to take a plain chem or bio degree?

Thanks man.
Oh cool, what grades did they req? Also are you in your first yr?

Ahh ok, well gd luck with that :smile:

I hear a lot of people take biomed and then do medicine, is this true? Seeing that you're actually doing the degree, what kind of jobs can you even apply for? One more question lol sorry, is someone who does biomed qualified enough to teach biology or chemistry at a level? Or do you have to take a plain chem or bio degree?

Thanks man.

4th year, final. The offer I was trying to meet was an ABB for Surrey, can't remember Essex's offer

From people in my year, I don't think that's true. But people who want to take medicine and choose not to/don't manage do come to biomed (I think, been years since I looked stuff like this up) and I believe the opposite is true too

The obvious job is Biomedical Scientist, Band 5 once you have your registration portfolio and are HCPC registered (I have my portfolio and year of training, just need to graduate) and there's always starting at bottom as an MLA. There's other jobs too, someone I know on the same degree wants to do something that's law related if I remember right, that somehow ties into biomed.

To be a teacher, I believe you need a PGCE

Jobs in biomed: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_biomedical_sciences.htm

Since I don't plan to stay in science at all, I haven't really looked this stuff up for myself :P (so there may be slight inaccuracies). I know what I want to do, just got to go do it
Reply 11
Original post by Ravinder-99

I would suggest making a timetable or some sort of plan of what you would do each day for each subject (along with break and other activities). Try doing past papers again.

Here's a website for more questions:
http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/
4th year, final. The offer I was trying to meet was an ABB for Surrey, can't remember Essex's offer

From people in my year, I don't think that's true. But people who want to take medicine and choose not to/don't manage do come to biomed (I think, been years since I looked stuff like this up) and I believe the opposite is true too

The obvious job is Biomedical Scientist, Band 5 once you have your registration portfolio and are HCPC registered (I have my portfolio and year of training, just need to graduate) and there's always starting at bottom as an MLA. There's other jobs too, someone I know on the same degree wants to do something that's law related if I remember right, that somehow ties into biomed.

To be a teacher, I believe you need a PGCE

Jobs in biomed: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_biomedical_sciences.htm

Since I don't plan to stay in science at all, I haven't really looked this stuff up for myself :P (so there may be slight inaccuracies). I know what I want to do, just got to go do it

Oh awesome man thanks! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, as my curiosity levels are off the charts right now lol, what is it you want to do?
Oh awesome man thanks! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, as my curiosity levels are off the charts right now lol, what is it you want to do?

As I've always been into tech, games, that sort of thing. I was thinking I could be self-employed making tech and gaming related videos, reviews, walkthroughs, event coverage etc. Build my consumer base up, turn it into a sort consumer electronics, technology, gaming and events coverage sort of thing, with my employees once I figure out how to grow it. Get sponsored, or find other ways to make it profitable (there's already examples out there of this sort of thing working), get paid and retire to Fiji.

As soon as I learn code, I come for the app market. As a whole it may not make tonnes of money, but as long as I can live reasonably comfortably off it, that's cool. Beats my fallback (which is, funnily, Biomed)
As I've always been into tech, games, that sort of thing. I was thinking I could be self-employed making tech and gaming related videos, reviews, walkthroughs, event coverage etc. Build my consumer base up, turn it into a sort consumer electronics, technology, gaming and events coverage sort of thing, with my employees once I figure out how to grow it. Get sponsored, or find other ways to make it profitable (there's already examples out there of this sort of thing working), get paid and retire to Fiji.

As soon as I learn code, I come for the app market. As a whole it may not make tonnes of money, but as long as I can live reasonably comfortably off it, that's cool. Beats my fallback (which is, funnily, Biomed)

Haha that sounds really fun! :smile: Are you talking about them youtubers who get sent loads of awesome tech to review like that unbox therapy guy? I'm not too into tech but i'd take that career path any day of the week if i could lol.

Have you got a YouTube channel maybe?

I used to make some gaming videos a little while back. Me and my mate recently nearly started a channel, one to do seriously but we were too lazy lol.

Btw thanks for that link, i like the sound of forensics and that one to do with microbiology related tasks in hospitals.
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha that sounds really fun! :smile: Are you talking about them youtubers who get sent loads of awesome tech to review like that unbox therapy guy? I'm not too into tech but i'd take that career path any day of the week if i could lol.

Have you got a YouTube channel maybe?

I used to make some gaming videos a little while back. Me and my mate recently nearly started a channel, one to do seriously but we were too lazy lol.

Btw thanks for that link, i like the sound of forensics and that one to do with microbiology related tasks in hospitals.

Yeah, it's not even about the money really. Have a YouTube that's been around for a while, that I didn't know what to do with properly until I started uni, when it made partner (no idea how though given the size of it). Been acquiring gear since using the spoils of my degree. I just enjoy making the videos and learning on the job, how to improve them. I'm just interested in growing it. Then one day, I'll achieve what I set out to do, which isn't too far from the original dream when you think about it (which was go into the games industry to make games, I just lost sight of that). Yes, I do have a YouTube channel, production has been halted thanks to exams and dissertations and stuff. Only just now bringing all my social media presence together under one name. Live streaming returns this Friday (final exam will be out the way in two days), just got to decide Witcher 3 or GTAV (first world problems :P).

The day I finally figured out what I wanted to do, I was so happy man. Was unreal when I got it down in writing (it was a coursework where they wanted us to write an action plan and I think my first point was leave Biomed, can't see myself doing that). I've got works that I need to tidy up and get sent out to publish. Second half of 2015 is going to be busy

I actually had this all figured out in secondary school, only then we did it for fun. I'm not even joking, had a team of people and we were working on a magazine, but cause I was a kid something inevitably went wrong, but I had a team, we knew (at least some of us did) what we were doing. See, I have the ideas (guitar tuition at uni is just another which spawned a tonne of imitators), the problem is I don't know how to execute them. Once I figure that out, I'm set
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, it's not even about the money really. Have a YouTube that's been around for a while, that I didn't know what to do with properly until I started uni, when it made partner (no idea how though given the size of it). Been acquiring gear since using the spoils of my degree. I just enjoy making the videos and learning on the job, how to improve them. I'm just interested in growing it. Then one day, I'll achieve what I set out to do, which isn't too far from the original dream when you think about it (which was go into the games industry to make games, I just lost sight of that). Yes, I do have a YouTube channel, production has been halted thanks to exams and dissertations and stuff. Only just now bringing all my social media presence together under one name. Live streaming returns this Friday (final exam will be out the way in two days), just got to decide Witcher 3 or GTAV (first world problems :P).

The day I finally figured out what I wanted to do, I was so happy man. Was unreal when I got it down in writing (it was a coursework where they wanted us to write an action plan and I think my first point was leave Biomed, can't see myself doing that). I've got works that I need to tidy up and get sent out to publish. Second half of 2015 is going to be busy

I actually had this all figured out in secondary school, only then we did it for fun. I'm not even joking, had a team of people and we were working on a magazine, but cause I was a kid something inevitably went wrong, but I had a team, we knew (at least some of us did) what we were doing. See, I have the ideas (guitar tuition at uni is just another which spawned a tonne of imitators), the problem is I don't know how to execute them. Once I figure that out, I'm set

Haha i was thinking of getting gtav, but i'm all about DayZ :wink:
lol biomed aint really your thing then. Well nice man sounds like you've got a plan.
Haha i was thinking of getting gtav, but i'm all about DayZ :wink:
lol biomed aint really your thing then. Well nice man sounds like you've got a plan.

Got GTAV twice, once on 360 and again on PC (where it is awesome!). Just got final exam tomorrow, and I cannot be bothered to do any work. I know enough.

Just thinking about how this is going to work in future (my life goal), just gets me amped up to get going. 14 hours until exams are just memories
(edited 8 years ago)
Got GTAV twice, once on 360 and again on PC (where it is awesome!). Just got final exam tomorrow, and I cannot be bothered to do any work. I know enough.

Just thinking about how this is going to work in future (my life goal), just gets me amped up to get going. 14 hours until exams are just memories

Hey how was the exam?

Haha, i got it on console and sold it straight away, bec. i heard there was going to be a PC version out in a year or so, cant waaaaaaaaaait i hear its awesome :smile:

Man I'm gonna fail last bio paper (A2) :frown: But i need at least a B...What did you for your bio alevel?
Hey how was the exam?

Haha, i got it on console and sold it straight away, bec. i heard there was going to be a PC version out in a year or so, cant waaaaaaaaaait i hear its awesome :smile:

Man I'm gonna fail last bio paper (A2) :frown: But i need at least a B...What did you for your bio alevel?

Wrote it like I stole it. Was wondering why I was making so much time (finished in just under 2 hours, rather than using all 3). First section is what I actually spent time studying in detail, did the essays old school with no planning, just the second one had 60% on a lecture I didn't look at, but I knew the other 40% of the question solidly. It's the first time I've looked at a paper and thought, 'oh my gosh, yes' when opening it. Come home, turned up the 5.1 speakers (not even half way, cause it blow my ears out, can hear them other side of the house as they are (but not across the hallway cause of the house setup which is weird)) and just jamming to music since.

GTAV is on PC now though.

Got an A at A2 Biology. Think it was one that I wrote like I stole it (left two pages of questions and wrecked the paper). You won't fail man, if I remember rights, it's mostly antibodies and classification.

Waiting on my new fan so I can fit it and give my computer the correct colour scheme (blue Corsair AF140), cause I moved my build to a new case and the old one and my keyboard and mouse have a colour scheme to stick to. Then I retire to Los Santos and Wreck It Ralph :P

Got videos to make for this weekend/next week. E3 and Google IO to prep for too
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending