The Student Room Group
Teachers don't get to see your paper... They are kept under exam conditions until the postman comes to get them recorded delivery and when he does they are all packaged up securely.. So if you didn't write on the front then the Front is going to be empty... But they are all alphabetical so they can tell
Reply 2
If there is stuff missing then they will phone the school up for the missing pieces if you've forgotten something at the front. Plus why wouldn't you fill in any of the details at the front anyways...
Reply 3
Original post by aamirac
If there is stuff missing then they will phone the school up for the missing pieces if you've forgotten something at the front. Plus why wouldn't you fill in any of the details at the front anyways...

Not saying I did,,, im just the type who always worries lol about stupid things,,, I probably did but I'm just wondering what would be the consequences
Reply 4
Original post by Neymar27
Like name and numbers at the front?

Teachers aren't allowed to see the papers but the exams officer will check that the names and candidate numbers are properly filled in (and that all the papers are in candidate number order) before they are dispatched via parcelforce.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
Teachers aren't allowed to see the papers but the exams officer will check that the names and candidate numbers are properly filled in (and that all the papers are in candidate number order) before they are dispatched via parcelforce.

And if exam officers see they are not filled in, what do they do?
Reply 6
When the invigilators collect our exam papers they usually give the paper a quick skim on the front before collecting the next candidates paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exams officer or chief invigilator puts the papers in order and marks a list to say they are all there. Each paper is checked for a name and candidate number and the front will be completed if nt already done.

Invigilators are encouraged to check papers as they collect them ...
Reply 8
And if exam officers see they are not filled in, what do they do?

If it is just candidate details and there is no doubt at all whose paper it is, then they fill the details in. If it needs the candidate's signature on the front (some exam boards do) then the papers can't be posted unitl the candidate has returned to school and signed the front.
Reply 9
Original post by r-t
When the invigilators collect our exam papers they usually give the paper a quick skim on the front before collecting the next candidates paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Likewise.
Does anyone know what happens if you've skipped a few pages in the answer booklet and started writing? Will they just open the booklet assume that the candidate has left it blank from looking at the first few pages or will they actually have a quick flick through to see if it is written elsewhere?
Reply 11
Original post by zigocarn
Does anyone know what happens if you've skipped a few pages in the answer booklet and started writing? Will they just open the booklet assume that the candidate has left it blank from looking at the first few pages or will they actually have a quick flick through to see if it is written elsewhere?

I assume they will look through the whole lot as some people for example skip questions in the middle of the paper and answer the questions at the end so they can't just assume that the candidate hasn't written further through the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Right,,, so there isn't much chance of getting a straight fail then for not putting details in?
Right,,, so there isn't much chance of getting a straight fail then for not putting details in?

Very unlikely. And stop worrying :redface: Even if you forgot to put your candidate number you will still have your name to identify you or reverse.
Reply 14
Original post by _ariane29
Very unlikely. And stop worrying :redface: Even if you forgot to put your candidate number you will still have your name to identify you or reverse.

I will try to lol,,, but if I was to forget my candidate name, I would probably have forgot my name aswell lol
Reply 15
I will try to lol,,, but if I was to forget my candidate name, I would probably have forgot my name aswell lol

I doubt you would have forgotten your name on your exam. They give you time at the beginning of the exam to specifically write your name. That is the main information on the front haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not saying I did,,, im just the type who always worries lol about stupid things,,, I probably did but I'm just wondering what would be the consequences

don't worry about it. Your not the only one, everyone feels the same
Reply 17
Your exams officer deal with these sort of things and not your teachers.

I am sure your exams officer will check that everything is in place before sending any papers off after all that is their job.
Reply 18
Ok good! I just worry too much lol, It Would just hurt to get a U over something so silly as forgetting to put details in after so much hard work. Thanks for the reassurance guys
Original post by Muttley79
The exams officer or chief invigilator puts the papers in order and marks a list to say they are all there. Each paper is checked for a name and candidate number and the frontowill be completed if nt already done.

Invigilators are encouraged to check papers as they collect them ...

Ok good! I just worry too much lol, It Would just hurt to get a U over something so silly as forgetting to put details in after so much hard work. Thanks for the reassurance guys

Im in the same position as you right now.. I hope that the exam officers do their jobs... 😭

Latest