The Student Room Group

D1 Gantt charts and Scheduling diagram problem. [EDEXCEL]

So, there's no much time left for the D1 exam. I'm okay with everything in D1 except for Gantt charts and Scheduling diagram.
Especially Gantt charts, I always do one similar to that in the marking scheme but never identical. Is it always strict or is it a little flexible in terms of marking? It is so frustrating. I'm self-studying it, and the book is really vague about its rules.

Can someone please help?
Original post by yussefsoudan
So, there's no much time left for the D1 exam. I'm okay with everything in D1 except for Gantt charts and Scheduling diagram.
Especially Gantt charts, I always do one similar to that in the marking scheme but never identical. Is it always strict or is it a little flexible in terms of marking? It is so frustrating. I'm self-studying it, and the book is really vague about its rules.

Can someone please help?

If I recall correctly there can be more than one solution, as long as it does what is asked in the question - eg uses only 3 workers, and/or finishes within a certain time.

It took me a while to find an exam that asks that question, but if you look at Q6 of June 2012, it says 'eg' followed by a diagram, so there can be more than one solution, and I see no reason why you would not get full marks if you'd done it right, just not the one they've given as an example.. Below it also lists what they give marks for, so if you look at that you can tell if you'd get full marks or not.

So it's worth having a look at that question and doing it (if you haven't already) to see what the sources of error/marks are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending