The Student Room Group

Can you make your teacher to give you predicted grade A* even if you got low A?

So before exams time I was planning to get 90% above in my as exams and upto now chem, physics and bio are going on plan except for the math I think i'll scrape an A. I really want to get predicted math A* is it possible if I have really good GCSE's and just beg them about it could they do it?
I know I can get it next year so I don't mind if I get a really high offer.
Original post by akereem100
So before exams time I was planning to get 90% above in my as exams and upto now chem, physics and bio are going on plan except for the math I think i'll scrape an A. I really want to get predicted math A* is it possible if I have really good GCSE's and just beg them about it could they do it?
I know I can get it next year so I don't mind if I get a really high offer.

It is their prediction and they want universities to believe their predictions. If your work up to the exam suggested A* standard, and there is a temporary reason why the actual papers went badly, then they might believe you capable of A* and put it down as the prediction. If it is their policy to base the predictions on the achieved AS result, then there is probably nothing you can do to change the prediction, except hope that you did well enough for the A* prediction.

Alternatively, the referee might mention mitigating circumstances and qualify the prediction in the UCAS reference. Again, this will probably depend on the school's policy.
Reply 2
I got a C at AS and asked my teacher to predict me an A* (after doing retakes) - so she did and I proved her right! I'd say go for it
My head of year tried to predict me an A* in Media when I got a B at AS (yet not for Biology, which I got an A for, strangely enough).

It depends on your school's policy, some users last year were claiming to be getting 95%+ UMS at AS in subjects and teachers were refusing to predict above an A.
Suck up to ur tutor big time!
Remember they are also doing ur references.
Depends on how much of a backbone your teacher has.
No point in getting something predicted that you won't get....It's not going to make anyone think any better of you for getting predicted a good grade.
Getting an inflated predicted grade may get you offers, but when you don't meet it, the pain of having the offer you wanted snatched from you when you'd convinced yourself it was possible/in the bag can be pretty hard to bear on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending