The Student Room Group

Piercing help!!

I have had my nose pierced for about of month and have now put in a retainer (http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/flesh_tone_bioflex_nose_stud_14077781.cfm) because of a upcoming MRI scan and for work.

Anyway, the retainer goes in my nose, it does not stick out (is this normal)? Also, once the retainer is in, it will only come out from the other end (not the way it went it). It feels like its going to come out. I have put a pic up of my nose with the retainer in.

Any ideas on what to do please? I dont want to keep fiddling with the retainer and stud as I use the stud to open the top bit as it closes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
anyone??
Reply 2
Really can't see anything much in that pic but that's the point of the retainer.

It doesn't stick out on the outside? That's right, it's about it not being noticeable

Not sure what you mean about the rest. You put it in going outside to in but it comes out out to in? I can't visualise how that's possible
Original post by djkilol
I have had my nose pierced for about of month and have now put in a retainer (http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/flesh_tone_bioflex_nose_stud_14077781.cfm) because of a upcoming MRI scan and for work.

Anyway, the retainer goes in my nose, it does not stick out (is this normal)? Also, once the retainer is in, it will only come out from the other end (not the way it went it). It feels like its going to come out. I have put a pic up of my nose with the retainer in.

Any ideas on what to do please? I dont want to keep fiddling with the retainer and stud as I use the stud to open the top bit as it closes.

After only one month of healing I would be careful that it doesn't cause you any healing problems. If it is completely flat against the skin you run the risk of it healing over the top which could cause no end of problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by BKS
Really can't see anything much in that pic but that's the point of the retainer.

It doesn't stick out on the outside? That's right, it's about it not being noticeable

Not sure what you mean about the rest. You put it in going outside to in but it comes out out to in? I can't visualise how that's possible

Original post by myblueheaven339
After only one month of healing I would be careful that it doesn't cause you any healing problems. If it is completely flat against the skin you run the risk of it healing over the top which could cause no end of problems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi guys, well the retainer came out today so at the moment nothing is in my nose. Any idea on what to do?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by djkilol
Hi guys, well the retainer came out today so at the moment nothing is in my ear. Any idea on what to do?

Wasn't it in your nose?

Put it back in? or put jewellery in as much of the time as you can if you've lost it, nothing else you can do
Reply 6
Original post by BKS
Wasn't it in your nose?

Put it back in? or put jewellery in as much of the time as you can if you've lost it, nothing else you can do

it was but like i said the retainer goes in my nose and slides out the other end somehow :/
Reply 7
Original post by djkilol
it was but like i said the retainer goes in my nose and slides out the other end somehow :/

I'm not clear on how that related to your ear then but if the side that's meant to hold it in slides through then only explanation is it's smaller than the hole so you need a bigger size
Reply 8
Original post by BKS
I'm not clear on how that related to your ear then but if the side that's meant to hold it in slides through then only explanation is it's smaller than the hole so you need a bigger size

sorry I meant nose
Original post by djkilol
Hi guys, well the retainer came out today so at the moment nothing is in my nose. Any idea on what to do?

You need something with a bigger end on it.

Maybe something like this:
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/quartz-l-bend-nose-retainer-clear.cfm

As it is still such a fresh piercing you may need bigger than you will further down the line to stop the end sinking into the hole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by myblueheaven339
You need something with a bigger end on it.

Maybe something like this:
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/quartz-l-bend-nose-retainer-clear.cfm

As it is still such a fresh piercing you may need bigger than you will further down the line to stop the end sinking into the hole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi, thanks at the moment I have no piercing in and I think my piercing is closed. I will purchase the clear retainer I think your right with the bigger head piercing. what size shall I get from the link u posted?
Original post by djkilol
hi, thanks at the moment I have no piercing in and I think my piercing is closed. I will purchase the clear retainer I think your right with the bigger head piercing. what size shall I get from the link u posted?

That would totally depend on your anatomy and it's not a question I can really answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Hi, my piercing closed again debating if I should do it again. but I want to know, would my nose piercing need to be in at all times or only for the first few month?
Reply 13
Original post by djkilol
Hi, my piercing closed again debating if I should do it again. but I want to know, would my nose piercing need to be in at all times or only for the first few month?

Depends. I am some piercings which I can take out for a few hours (never tried longer) and they are fine but I've had ones years old close up in the same time. They don't totally close up in a couple of hours obviously but getting the jewellery back in is effectively tearing a little bit of skin as you force it in, probably don't want to make a habit of that. I have some I've took out for years and it's just a little dot of scar left and others that are still more or less open, just a little layer of skin on one end.

There's no real way of knowing how it'll be, you'd have to try to find out.
Original post by djkilol

Nose piercings usually close up pretty quickly, my friends had hers for years and it she took it out for a day or two(?) and it closed up. You could just use a retainer again, as long as you keep pushing it up, say every night so it doesn't heal around it and just clean it etc it'll be fine. If a bump grows, tea tree oil will get rid of it in like a day!
Reply 15
Original post by BKS
Depends. I am some piercings which I can take out for a few hours (never tried longer) and they are fine but I've had ones years old close up in the same time. They don't totally close up in a couple of hours obviously but getting the jewellery back in is effectively tearing a little bit of skin as you force it in, probably don't want to make a habit of that. I have some I've took out for years and it's just a little dot of scar left and others that are still more or less open, just a little layer of skin on one end.

There's no real way of knowing how it'll be, you'd have to try to find out.

well I got mine re pierced twice and put in a retainer but the retainer pushed half way in and I eventually took it out. Thinking of getting it re done now

Quick Reply

Latest