The Student Room Group

Isn't it weird when people kiss babies/toddlers in the lips

My sister has just had a baby and my mum and sister etc often kiss her on the lips and they try and get me to do it but I find it weird.

Scroll to see replies

same .... feels like pedophillic. Tell them that you don't want to spread any disease to him cause he is a little kid and starting chatting bull about immunity of babies or just say that you have a sore throat you don't want him to get ill. Always work for me :wink:
MyLittlePusle coming here to tell us how great lip kissing on foreheads are in 3....2.....1
Lol u really shouldnt to a newborn cos it can catch things quickly..

But my little cousins of 5, 4 and 1 and a half always get kisses off me on the lips :lol: i dunno; its just cute? :dontknow:
Kissing someone on the lips realy isn't that big of a deal is it?
I've done it with my own kids and it's no big deal, but I wouldn't with other peoples kids, that would just seem too personal.
It's a bit weird if it's not your own kids, like why would you ever need to do it? But I think it shows how paedophilia has been spun up into this massive moral panic. I'm really uneasy even talking to or interacting with little kids as I don't want to come off looking like a creeper
Reply 7
I kiss my daughter on the lips.
v weird. no justifying it.
Yeah if I'm completely honest, I'm on the line between educated and a slight germophobe, and something tells me that all this kissing malrky doesn't really help things. Babies and children seem to be a source of spreading viruses in this manner, although it's not their fault.

And yeah - it is a bit pedo. The reverse is when ya granny tries to kiss you on the lips at social functions. What a strange thing to do. Unless I'm the only one that happens to.
Reply 10
people's own kids nope. I kiss my mum on the lips :dontknow: However I'd only kiss other people's kids on the cheek.
Reply 11
Original post by Guy Secretan
My sister has just had a baby and my mum and sister etc often kiss her on the lips and they try and get me to do it but I find it weird.

No.. its only weird if you are a nonce.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingStannis
MyLittlePusle coming here to tell us how great lip kissing on foreheads are in 3....2.....1

You called? <3

Kissing babaies/young nonhuman animals on their foreheads is adorable! <3

Kissing a child on the lips seems quite strange.
Reply 13
Original post by Tai Ga
people's own kids nope. I kiss my mum on the lips :dontknow: However I'd only kiss other people's kids on the cheek.

This is weird.. I assume you're older than 8.. if so then thats very worrying, should be reported to the police tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It makes me uncomfortable ngl and I come from a culture where kissing everyone on the cheeks is normal. But I'd have to say I find it weird. Each to their own though. I generally try to curb my instinct to grimace when I see people doing that and look away.
(edited 8 years ago)
It's freaking gross. I see parents and kids do that and I die a bit inside :mad:
Reply 16
I've never kissed family on the lips
Reply 17
If they're your kids, or if you are closely related to them e.g. kid siblings, there is absolutely no problem with it. There would only be a problem if there was a sexual connotation around it, and for most people there just simply isn't.
When I was 14 I was going to kiss my mum goodnight as usual, but it was dark and I kissed her by accident and she laughed.

Most awkward moment of my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they're your kids, then normal.

If they're not your kids, then abnormal.

Quick Reply

Latest