The Student Room Group

How to tackle gap teeth without braces

My dentist has always said to me I will never need braces and the relatively small gaps in my teeth will close up over time. Well it's been about 12 years and I'm almost 18 and hating my smile. From a distance it looks fine but when I'm up close and personal I can't bring myself to smile or laugh without looking away because my gaps become noticeable.

Teeth1.png
1 and 6 are my canines and 2-5 my incisors on the picture. These are the rough size of the gaps...

1-2 is 0.5mm
2-3 is closed
3-4 is 2mm
4-5 is 0.5mm
5-6 is 1mm

The rest of my teeth are pretty much straight. I don't care about getting a Hollywood smile but I want respectable straight teeth that I'm not ashamed of. And I don't want to bear two years of braces for what I believe is a small problem.

What would be the best solution? Invisalign? Gap bands? HELP!!
Original post by JCD10
My dentist has always said to me I will never need braces and the relatively small gaps in my teeth will close up over time. Well it's been about 12 years and I'm almost 18 and hating my smile. From a distance it looks fine but when I'm up close and personal I can't bring myself to smile or laugh without looking away because my gaps become noticeable.

Teeth1.png
1 and 6 are my canines and 2-5 my incisors on the picture. These are the rough size of the gaps...

1-2 is 0.5mm
2-3 is closed
3-4 is 2mm
4-5 is 0.5mm
5-6 is 1mm

The rest of my teeth are pretty much straight. I don't care about getting a Hollywood smile but I want respectable straight teeth that I'm not ashamed of. And I don't want to bear two years of braces for what I believe is a small problem.

What would be the best solution? Invisalign? Gap bands? HELP!!

There's this new risky idea about going to the Orthodontics. I would be careful though, they have be known to be dangerous. Just get braces.
Reply 2
I think the best thing is to consult your dentist and see what they recommend.
Reply 3
Lol ffs, you drew and measured your teeth

Quick Reply

Latest