The Student Room Group

I know a girl who says cancer is a good thing?

May God keep you all in good health.
Basically, my friend said that hereditary cancer was natural selection at work and she said we shouldn't try to develop a cure. Obviously I wanted to kick her French ass back to Creu de la blergh de la bogey de le Broix (no offence, I've been to France and ya'll are nice). Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Stupid attitude.

With that logic we might as well not bother having any hospitals or doctors at all, as all illnesses are clearly just natural selection at work.

Gurl needs to show some humanity. I doubt she'd be saying that if her mum developed cancer.
Reply 2
having just lost my mum to cancer a couple of months a go, I can't think of a more offensive or niave opinion. Hopefully a bit of life experience may make her realise how stupid her ideas are!
Reply 3
Original post by mcat4
having just lost my mum to cancer a couple of months a go, I can't think of a more offensive or niave opinion. Hopefully a bit of life experience may make her realise how stupid her ideas are!

I lost my mum to cancer a couple of years ago - my heart goes out to you!
Reply 4
Original post by KingdomOfTheLord
Basically, my friend said that hereditary cancer was natural selection at work and she said we shouldn't try to develop a cure. Obviously I wanted to kick her French ass back to Creu de la blergh de la bogey de le Broix (no offence, I've been to France and ya'll are nice). Opinions?

She's a complete and total idiot. Don't talk to her again. Waste of air.
Original post by battycatlady
Stupid attitude.

With that logic we might as well not bother having any hospitals or doctors at all, as all illnesses are clearly just natural selection at work.

Gurl needs to show some humanity. I doubt she'd be saying that if her mum developed cancer.

Eh she's French, what can yer do?
I would rep you but it won't let me g, but I'll be repping you in ma heart.
Original post by mcat4

Omg omg, I'm so sorry for your loss, I know my words are just empty and arbitrary, and you've probably heard them all the time, but I just, I can't put into words how much I respect and admire you right now, *virtual hug*
I hope your pain lessens with time.
Can you believe, I have a friend whos ex didn't even cry when his mum died? What is the world coming to? :frown:
Original post by wwwander
She's a complete and total idiot. Don't talk to her again. Waste of air.

I know I know, she's a retard, you should have heard her spewing that crap, I was ready to get my glock you know, she just kept saying it was nature's way of getting rid of the bad genes, and that it would improve the human race in the long run.
To be honest, that's what diseases are here for but to imply that it's a good thing is going too far...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously I wanted to kick her French ass back to Creu de la blergh de la bogey de le Broix

:laugh: I lost it at this
Having a hard time believing this happened
Lol she's not a retard actually it's true. That's why there's some people who are immune to developing cancers..even people are becoming immune to the HIV virus. Obviously letting people die is not an option and she probably wasn't being literal when she said it but it's fact.
I think your friend has a fundamental misunderstanding of what natural selection is.
In survival of the fittest technically the fit would seek the best help they can to treat their cancer.
I also lost my mother to cancer, but to be honest my main issue with this is that she is uneducated on what cancer is have a word with her about it. You could argue that many diseases are natural selection but cancer is certainly not one of them as pretty much anyone can get it. Most of us have some of it but in low levels and it has nothing to do with genetics.

I think she may have a point, but I also think that it's an incredibly insensitive and politically incorrect point to just project to people. She needs to learn a little more maturity.
Original post by Jibola240
Having a hard time believing this happened

k bc I'm obvs a 12 year old troll.
k then.
When people like Ann Coulter and ISIS exist idk why you'd be dubious about this, mate.
Original post by Melissaalb
To be honest, that's what diseases are here for but to imply that it's a good thing is going too far...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you think diseases are natural selection at work? Not bitching just curious...
Original post by Sceptical_K
Lol she's not a retard actually it's true. That's why there's some people who are immune to developing cancers..even people are becoming immune to the HIV virus. Obviously letting people die is not an option and she probably wasn't being literal when she said it but it's fact.

Ok but you're being all logical and fair about it, she literally said "IT IS A GOOD THING, IT WILL HELP HUMANITY IN THE LONG RUN", she also said horrible stuff about impure genes etc etc
Original post by scrotgrot
:laugh: I lost it at this

why, b?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending