The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey,

ive had acupuncture treatment done before and it felt great, i was going through a tough time and my health was deteriorating badly, i went to my friend who told me about this guy who practices it in london, and just after the first treatment i was perfectly fine.

Not all acupuncture is equal and results can vary a lot, but if you go to a good one (which are not always chinese ones in case you think that) then you can get great results.

the forum that i know is the acupuncture forum here: http://www.acupunctureforum.org/forums/forum/acupuncture-forum/

They are the daoist form of acupuncture and many members of their forum actually practice a very powerful type of acupuncture which is actually new in England and Europe, but is spreading fast.

You can always private message me if you need any help or just ask more questions on here.
Reply 2
I've had mixed results. I found mine through word of mouth/referrals.

One guy bruised me badly

One guy helped my migraines immensely, but then he moved away

One guy told me he wrote a book on curing arthritic joints (his accupuncture did nothing for me)

So, I think it depends on the practitioner. I will say something about the one guy that helped my migraines the most - during a session with him, I would always fall asleep. Kinda crazy, huh?
Reply 3
Original post by source
Hey,

ive had acupuncture treatment done before and it felt great, i was going through a tough time and my health was deteriorating badly, i went to my friend who told me about this guy who practices it in london, and just after the first treatment i was perfectly fine.

Not all acupuncture is equal and results can vary a lot, but if you go to a good one (which are not always chinese ones in case you think that) then you can get great results.

the forum that i know is the acupuncture forum here: http://www.acupunctureforum.org/forums/forum/acupuncture-forum/

They are the daoist form of acupuncture and many members of their forum actually practice a very powerful type of acupuncture which is actually new in England and Europe, but is spreading fast.

You can always private message me if you need any help or just ask more questions on here.

Source, thanks for the link - I'm ready to try it again! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by wwwander
I've had mixed results. I found mine through word of mouth/referrals.

One guy bruised me badly

One guy helped my migraines immensely, but then he moved away

One guy told me he wrote a book on curing arthritic joints (his accupuncture did nothing for me)

So, I think it depends on the practitioner. I will say something about the one guy that helped my migraines the most - during a session with him, I would always fall asleep. Kinda crazy, huh?

yes I heard about the bruising if they don't have a good needling method.
Reply 5
Original post by source
Hey,

wow great link! thank you.
acupuncture treatment greatly varies from one practitioner to another and so is the effectiveness for it - this is the problem in regulating this kind of medicine, because you can have knowledge, but it is also like an art, which is niether here nor there. but yes, the main forum is the one shown above by source.
Original post by Dantheman11
Hey guys,

I been wanting to look into alternative med and want to know if anyone knows any acupuncture forums that are good for asking questions about it?

or if anyone had acupuncture done and can tell me their story of how they found their acupuncturist and what result they got?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

It's good to see positive results from acupuncture here, sadly for me it's been uneffective.

Where would you need it for? I'm guessing the effectiveness would also depend on the nature of your injury.

I had acupuncture from Dec last year until March (only a few sessions) and the first time I had a session I had 8 needles, the first 7 were pain free, then 8th needle gave my muscle a spasm attack completely. (Sorry to sound grim).

The needles really don't hurt going in though, unless it's directly into the muscle (well, that was in my case). They decided to target nerve instead of muscles for me after that, so I had two in each ankle, one on my lower leg, one behind my knee, two in my upper leg and two in my back (on each side), which was a lot less painful but still ineffective.

However, it can be quite relaxing apparently, I guess I was just a bit thrown by the first round of it.

Mo
Reply 8
Hello have done acupuncture treatment it gives great results, Have done from Dr Jasmine modi