The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Psychology Unit 1- 1st June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple-Pixie
I'm not completely sure but I thought those factors were for social loafing? I think I got that question wrong though because I wrote 'the need to be right' and 'the need to be liked' I think. I must have misread the question and thought it said why do we conform maybe :frown:

That's right! The need to be liked is "Normative Social Influence" and the need to be right is "Information Social Influence". Sh*t, I completely forgot about those two- oops! :colondollar:
Original post by Nadine_08
Yeah, they are for social loafing as well. I just wasn't sure about whether nature of task was right but just had a look online and it is.Yeah I made some silly mistakes too :frown:. E.g. for the examples of an open and closed question for behavior, I wrote questions about lateness, like 'how often do your students arrive late?' ...:confused: :/

I think I wrote a question about lateness too :frown: Yeah I don't know why I made so many silly mistakes on this paper, it's so annoying!

Original post by Amy. J S
That's right! The need to be liked is "Normative Social Influence" and the need to be right is "Information Social Influence". Sh*t, I completely forgot about those two- oops! :colondollar:

Oh okay good, thank you so much! At least I got something right haha I would have forgotten about them too but I saw it in the textbook like 10 minutes before the exam :smile:
Guys how do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like?
Guys how do you think the grade boundaries are going to be like?

Have a look at last years, they'll most probably be the same or a couple less or a couple more. Grade boundaries don't vary as much in psychology compared to other subjects.
Original post by Hasan Almosoy
Have a look at last years, they'll most probably be the same or a couple less or a couple more. Grade boundaries don't vary as much in psychology compared to other subjects.

So do you think that they are more likely to increase or decrease?
So do you think that they are more likely to increase or decrease?

Well that really is down to how everyone did, but if they were to increase or decrease, it would be a maximum of 2-3 marks.
Grade boundries for 2015: http://t.co/LGSHVQjUsj
Looks like paper 2 is quite low!
Original post by Bethany97may
Grade boundries for 2015: http://t.co/LGSHVQjUsj
Looks like paper 2 is quite low!

I was thinking the same thing, I'm relieved that they're low though!
But paper one is quite high 😁
Original post by Suzie17
But paper one is quite high 😁

But fr paper 1 u can only lose 8 marks for an A* 😱😱😱😱😱😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can an A* and a high A possibly be an A* overall?
Hi Guys I have my psychology mock tomorrow for unit 1 + Learning, just wondering if there are any topics I should specifically revise for in in Personality (other than Eysenck), learning and research methods? Also are there many experiments???

Thanks!!1
Original post by queenfluffy23
Hi Guys I have my psychology mock tomorrow for unit 1 + Learning, just wondering if there are any topics I should specifically revise for in in Personality (other than Eysenck), learning and research methods? Also are there many experiments???

Thanks!!1

If you're going to have a full unit one paper then you should revise NVC, Memory, Personality, Research methods etc.
However just make sure you don't focus on one section too much, but aim to revise all topics appearing in your exam, the best method for me was mind maps-I know its not the best grade but I got a B for psychology GCSE this year, wish you the best of luck:smile:x
what where the main topics that came up? I'm doing my Mock on Tuesday so it would be nice for help... I'm only doing Unit 1
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending