The Student Room Group

Help on cleaning the burnt on sauce off these hob rings?

Hey Guys;

Well, I am moving out of my student accomodation in the next 4 days and I have the fun task of cleaning the oven.
I need advice on how to get rid of the burnt on food sauces...

They aren't coming off! :frown:

EDIT:
The first pic is essentially a comparison as to what I would like all 4 to look like... (The one on the right). =l
Anyone?
Try clit bang or white vinegar with a soft cloth:smile:
You could soak the surface in warm water and washing up liquid for a few hours? I think White Vinegar is good at getting rid of stubborn stains (I remember using it at uni) and maybe Lemon juice too. Have you used something rough like a scourer or steel wool? (It may scratch the surface though) x
Original post by Little Old Me
You could soak the surface in warm water and washing up liquid for a few hours? I think White Vinegar is good at getting rid of stubborn stains (I remember using it at uni) and maybe Lemon juice too. Have you used something rough like a scourer or steel wool? (It may scratch the surface though) x

I soaked it in boiling water mixed with washing up liquid twice for 3-4 hours at a time. It got the easy to come off stuff first but the stubborn stuff, no. =(
Razor blade.
Original post by Schleigg
Razor blade.

:confused:?!
What have you tried thus far? If you haven't used wire wool yet, I suggest that. It should work
Reply 8
Bleach
Reply 9
Biological washing powder.
Original post by Scienceisgood
:confused:?!

Scrape the stuff off with a razor blade... :P

I mean an actual razor blade, not a mach-3 or similar cartridge razor :wink:
I forgot to mention Cif cleaning cream. It's in a Yellow bottle. That has helped me get rid of burnt food on the cooker in the past x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending